Flashlight options

Badseed

WKR
Im looking for suggestions for a flashlight or spot light that I can use to throw a strong beam at least 300 yards. My dogs keep barking at something late at night on my property but I don’t have a light powerful enough to scan the property. I know there are some amazing options with acebeam but I was hoping to find something for under $150 if possible. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
300 yards for $150? I'm watching this thread as this would be useful info.

Eddie

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
There are a few brands that claim much farther than 300 yds at that price point but Im not sure how usable the light is. A few of the options I have seen are from fenix and nitecore.

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
I have a Fenix TK-75 that is pretty awesome and might just make the 300 yds. That model is no longer made and was a little higher than your price point. Maybe they have an updated model?

Good luck,

Eddie

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I’m really considering the acebeam k70. Its under $200 but the stats seem pretty impressive for a smallish light.

dtrkyman

WKR
Look at Zebra, Not sure how their spot light is but I have a floody and at the high setting it is stupid bright!

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
I’m really considering the acebeam k70. Its under $200 but the stats seem pretty impressive for a smallish light.

Never heard of that one so keep us posted.

I have bought a few higher end flashlights of late. While the TK-75 is impressive, I'm not sure it does exactly what the marketing material says it will, or if it does, the light is of little use at the farther distances.

I'd suggest that whoever you go with have a 30 day return policy as I suspect they all guilty of "puffing."

Eddie

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Go on Amazon. there are many in the $40 range. I have one that plugs into my cigaret lighter port, maybe they are no linger referred to as such but in any even, it will throw a strong beam well over 300 yards. Some on Amazon are rechargeable. I ca't speak for them.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Im looking for a light to have at the ready in my house. I have some smaller fenix lights and have been pretty impressed but not of them are long throw type lights. They recently cam out with the ht18 which looks decent. It also comes with red and green lense filters which could be useful.

gelton

WKR
Zebra is the brightest flashlight I have ever seen...I would just get a headlight as you can get a clip for it and it slides out of the strap and you can use it as a handheld. Just be sure to get a spot not a flood if you want that kind of reach.

Candle power forums is your friend if you really want to nerd out on lights.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
There are a lot of tactical flashlights that claim to have a 1600' distance for under $60. Also on Amazon

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
There are a lot of tactical flashlights that claim to have a 1600' distance for under $60. Also on Amazon

Exactly, there are a lot that “claim” impressive distances but generally they lack in other areas such as battery life, durability, waterproofness, etc. not to mention the actual output at distance is usually lacking. Those are qualities that come with a higher price tag.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
How useable is the light at distance? Can you make out critters or only see eye reflection?

I haven't messed with it in a few months.
I'll try remember to play with it in a few days when I'm home from work.

Its a torch tho. I was impressed. Felt like it was money well spent. And can't imagine anything being much better.

This is straight off the shelf hasn't been charged since April
The back archery target is 70 yards.
Sheds are 160ish.
Neighbors patio door about 180-200

I'll try take is scouting this weekend and get you more pics with ranges.20210720_212415.jpg20210720_212423.jpg20210720_212457.jpg

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Thats pretty impressive!

jeffdixon

FNG
+1 for the Fenix name. Have 3 different lights, 1 as my daily carry and love everyone of them. Customer service second to none.

I don't use them for such a long range, but my dogs are still running after the spotlight.

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Streamline protac HL5-X that's 3500 lumens. I can light up and scan my entire 5 acre back yard with it from my deck.