Flat top grill

rob86jeep

WKR
Just make sure you get a 4 burner unless you're trying to get a portable one. Even if you don't "need" all the room on a 4 burner, it's still nice to be able to spread things out or have different temperature zones. Flat tops are amazing for breakfast, but I also love doing fajitas, cheese steaks, and smash burgers on mine too.

I have both a camp chef 2 burner with the cold rolled griddle top and the 36" Blackstone. I'd recommend the Blackstone all day long. Even heat, super versatile, no maintenance. I actually rarely use my other grill now because the flat top is so much more useful being able to throw on sides, full breakfast, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cwj

FNG
I have a black stone it’s been great, the only thing I done to it was added a different regulator so I could get it a little bit hotter, Extra heat works great if I want to sear some meat or cook some fried rice.

Stalker69

WKR
I have enough gift cards to get a black stone 36” from bass pro, but they don’t have them. Even blackstone don’t have them on their web sight.

ODB

WKR
View attachment 198458
Not a flat top griddle, but a old serrated disc blade with the axle hole in the middle welded close and some 1/2 inch round bar for handles. I also welded a 1 inch wide piece of 8 inch pipe to the bottom of it to keep it from wobbling when on a flat surface. works great on a propane burner or wood/charcoal fire as well.

I’ve seen discs with a rod threaded through that center hole to make a tall handle so it can be easily moved on or off a fire.

I don’t care too much about the brand or even whether it’s gas or charcoal as long as it has flat metal and plenty of it.

A separate plate works OK in a pinch, but now that I’ve become used to one, I wouldn’t even consider buying another grill that doesn’t have at least 50% flat iron or steel for its cooking area.

1663431910487.jpeg

1663431881370.jpeg

Attachments

• 1663431742337.jpeg
    1663431742337.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 50

Robbie928

FNG
I love my Blackstone 22” adventure series. Portable for camping, comes with lid and the legs collapse into themselves for easy transportation. Just need to make sure flattop is level at campsite when setting up. It also comes with a longer connection to run a bigger propane tank

A678A618-69B6-4316-899B-7B629227198E.jpeg4692B352-A760-478A-B670-09790F717AE7.jpeg

I have black stone, 24” disc, and griddle for my Yoder.

My wife likes the blackstone, but I prefer the disc. For steaks I do prefer the griddle on the Yoder though.

GWHunter

FNG
Has anyone ever just place a griddle on the grates of a propane grill? I'd love to have a flat top but don't have room for a seperate flat top and grill and don't want to get rid of the grill.

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Blackstone 36 and 17. I've never looked into the Camp Chef. I really think it's going to come down to putting your hands on several different brands and pick the one that will best suit your needs. Good luck and let us know what you get.

Has anyone ever just place a griddle on the grates of a propane grill? I'd love to have a flat top but don't have room for a seperate flat top and grill and don't want to get rid of the grill.
That’s what we do. It’s a cast iron griddle that goes over half of the propane grill. Also have a nice Lodge cast iron griddle that goes over two of burners on the island cook top for inside. Blackstones look very nice.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have trouble with the top warping on their Blackstone? I have a 22 inch that warped pretty bad. Everything runs off to the sides and it drives me crazy. Otherwise I really like it.

OR Archer

WKR
Black stones are a good choice. I however hate having the grease catch in the middle on the back. I prefer the Pit Boss over the black stone even though I personally own a Black stone. Better grease catch. Lid folds out to side shelves. Legs fold up so it can go to camp. Good even heat.

If you do a little searching you can usually find that model for less than what it’s listed for on their site.

I have one on my charcoal grill.

It works great. I love having a grill and the griddle side by side.