Flatlander with weak ankles

xchillzx

FNG
Hey guys I'm gearing up for my first elk hunt and I was wondering what boots to get. I had an accident a couple years ago the ended with all the ligaments in my right ankle are artificial. I am a fairly bulky guy (5'7" and 240lbs but loosing weight daily) so I already have alot of weight on the ankle. What do you guys recommend? I saw some kenetrek has some with some sort of side support.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I would first look at doing something to your ankle rather than having something done to a boot. Kenetrek has their own ankle support although there are plenty of velcro ankle supports on the market.

https://kenetrek.com/products/ankle-support?_pos=1&_sid=5d7be0c4c&_ss=r

I'd also consider taping your ankle(s) and leaving the boot alone.

+1
o.png

I feel that kenetrek is the best boot out there. My opinion and I am sure others have their favorite. But my father who is 64 and of the youngest that has had polio which causes one of his legs to be much much weaker than the other has relied on kenetrek to get around the woods along with a custom ankle brace.

he struggled for years even with a brace and settled on the kenetreks which keep him hunting. Others will do the same thing. Get good support and don’t let it slow you down. Wrapping your ankle before the hunt is a good option.