Fleece help!!!

Lowg08

WKR
Ok so I’m carrying around a random Walmart fleece but it takes up so much room and it’s black. So anyway I’m not after specific brand just the best option. I’m wanting a fleece or quiet jacket that will go over a base and grid fleece. But I can also up size to go over my brooks down but under my chamberlain. I have used the search function and google to death. I have a corrugate guide jacket that I wear over my brooks for protection but it will fit under my chamberlain. I’m pretty positive that my answer is the catalyst jacket but I’m always open to a great option or opinion

jd1006

WKR
Kuiu 240 jacket…it’s versatile enough to be dual purpose (outer layer and mid layer). The other option would be the Stone Glacier Zenith. The catalyst is not going to work as well as a mid layer and will be noisier…I’ve never understood the appeal of that system because it isn’t windproof and doesn’t offer much insulation.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Kuiu 240 jacket…it’s versatile enough to be dual purpose (outer layer and mid layer). The other option would be the Stone Glacier Zenith. The catalyst is not going to work as well as a mid layer and will be noisier…I’ve never understood the appeal of that system because it isn’t windproof and doesn’t offer much insulation.
I have been looking at it also and I know it packs down really small. The brooks down is an athletic cut. A 2x corrugate guide jacket fits a 2x brooks. I wear a 2x as an XL in kuiu. I’m wonder if a xxxl would fit like the corrugate guide jacket

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
How heavy of a fleece would you like (100, 200, or 300)? Does it need a hood? Solid colors other than black ok or do you need camo?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
How heavy of a fleece would you like (100, 200, or 300)? Does it need a hood? Solid colors other than black ok or do you need camo?

I’m preferring 300-400. Something more along the lines of olive green or earth brown. I’d prefer the hood also

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I’m preferring 300-400. Something more along the lines of olive green or earth brown. I’d prefer the hood also
The patagonia better sweater and I believe north face Denali come with hooded versions (I have them without hood) and come in shades of green. You can normally find them used for 50% off on their used gear sites if you keep an eye out. Both well made and warm but not remotely wind resistant so you need a wind jacket or shell. I use these when I don't want to wear a puffy.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m probably looking for a unicorn. Closest I can figure is the peloton 240 maybe. I’ve looked at hundreds of option. I bow hunt 95% and plan on moving it to 100% so I need a quiet outer. BUT I only backpack hunt too so weight and pack ability matters.

This year 4th season deer hunting in Colorado I tried both the Kuiu Strongfleece 280 and the BlackOvis Trailhead Hoodie. I found myself liking the BlackOvis more, seemed warmer. It's not camo (if that matters), but I use one for everyday wear too, I just like it.

TSAMP

WKR
Seems like your making it more difficult than it needs to be. Plenty of good outerwear jackets that are quiet and warm for bow hunting in any conditions. FL woodbury,solitude,Sanctuary. Sitka stratus, fanatic. They also have a quiet hoody, not sure on the name of that one. Kryptek has the Vellus series that is fleece and appears to get good reviews also.

If your rocking all FL Puffies you mentioned above and simply want a quiet fleece outer, just grab a cheap columbia or somthing in a neutral tone off a discount rack at about any sporting goods store. A buddy of mine runs one of those.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I don’t care very much about camo. More just about function. Warm and quiet. Ill
Have to look into it

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I’m probably looking for a unicorn. Closest I can figure is the peloton 240 maybe. I’ve looked at hundreds of option. I bow hunt 95% and plan on moving it to 100% so I need a quiet outer. BUT I only backpack hunt too so weight and pack ability matters.
I bow hunt public land near me so pack everything in each time to keep mobile. I've switched to wearing a puffy with a lightweight softshell (OR ferrosi) over to cut noise and wind . Also consider active insolation like north face ventrix or kuiu kenai. Both are lighter than fleece and more packable with similar warmth and also just as quiet. I pretty much have on the kenia vest from October through January as one of my layers.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Seems like your making it more difficult than it needs to be. Plenty of good outerwear jackets that are quiet and warm for bow hunting in any conditions. FL woodbury,solitude,Sanctuary. Sitka stratus, fanatic. They also have a quiet hoody, not sure on the name of that one. Kryptek has the Vellus series that is fleece and appears to get good reviews also.

If your rocking all FL Puffies you mentioned above and simply want a quiet fleece outer, just grab a cheap columbia or somthing in a neutral tone off a discount rack at about any sporting goods store. A buddy of mine runs one of those.
You would be correct. I’m a difficult person.
I bow hunt public land near me so pack everything in each time to keep mobile. I've switched to wearing a puffy with a lightweight softshell (OR ferrosi) over to cut noise and wind . Also consider active insolation like north face ventrix or kuiu kenai. Both are lighter than fleece and more packable with similar warmth and also just as quiet. I pretty much have on the kenia vest from October through January as one of my layers.

I have considered. Buying a kenai ultra and a peloton 240 and calling it good

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
catalyst jacket hands down for me. only drawback is wind blocking.
I have no items to with wind block. I don’t find it that much if an issue. If I need wind blocking I just put on a gore-tex rain suite

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
With my style of hunting I feel like a kelvin active hoody would be great. Kuiu kenai, 240 active hoody and 250 merino.

With my style of hunting I feel like a kelvin active hoody would be great. Kuiu kenai, 240 active hoody and 250 merino.
best thing you can do is find a few pieces used or new. hike in them and hunt in them. see what works best for your style and sell the rest.

bootheeltechy

Lil-Rokslider
Kelvin active is a great piece! Use one under my Jetstream jacket when i need insulation in treestand. Pack in and put on once in tree! With a sitka heavyweight top on underneath and jetstream over top it lets me sit in surprisingly cold temps (low 30's) for 3-4 hrs comfortably. Any colder and a kelvin puffy coat is put on over.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk