sneaky

"DADDY"
Where are those at on the website?
Under fleece
c0e9107f845ba6a42d46b66e0072bf1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
FL Wick qz base layer, Klamath hoody over it. That worked well for me last year. Puffys always in the pack untill needed. Soft or hard shell as needed.

mcseal2

WKR
I really like the Kuiu Peloton 240 hoody. I liked my hunting one so well I got a black one for work. I wear it almost every day from fall through spring. It has become the piece I layer around for the conditions. Its more wind resistant than other fleece stuff I've tried. I got the green vest too now and sometimes layer them. My wife stole the vest recently and got compliments from all her friends. I wear it sometimes over a western shirt when I'm going to town also. Good stuff.

Hunting I agree with those that always take the puffy also. They have those light enough anymore they are just worth having. I rifle hunt most of the time so my seasons are later and cooler too.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I have a FL Klamath, Sitka core heavyweight and KUIU Peloton 240.

My favorite is Klamath> Sitka > peloton 240.

The Klamath is more wind resistant than the peloton. The only thing I don’t like about the Klamath is the hood/face guard portion is a little tight. It bothers me when I’m cold because I get irritated easily when I’m uncomfortable and I don’t like a lot of things on my face when I’m cold, it’s just one of the odd things about me.

In non windy conditions I think the Sitka is the warmest though. It’s also the comfiest because of the brushed fleece interior.

My zipper broke on the peloton from normal use. I never even wore it in the field. Kuiu made it right and gave me a refund. The peloton is also the loudest, the material is almost like a soft shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I found this thread, I’m getting all my gear dialed for some backcountry fun this season. I’ve got BlackOvis 150 ss/ls shirts that I like so far now I’m wondering about mid layers for morning/evening or windy glassing sits. I’ve been wondering about the Ovis 250 hoodie but also want to stop into Kuiu and have a look at what they’ve got. Then I see all the fleece mentioned here and remember I found https://huntechoutdoors.com/product/bush-basic-bush-coat/
While looking for base layers a while back.

Anybody tried huntech?

And now all the Black Ovis stuff is back on camofire

Last edited:

Caspar

Lil-Rokslider
just a heads up, i just got two black ovis 250 weight hoodies from camofire and they are small, real small. after reading reviews and hearing that they were small i ordered size 2XL and they are skin tight.

in my opinion their sizes are all over the board. i wear a 2XL in the lightweight ss and an XL in the lightweight ls. i also wear an XL in the first lite furnace, kiln and fuse and an XL in the sitka core lightweight LS and these shirts are slightly loose fitting.