Fletching contacting rest after arrow change

Usi05

WKR
Hello all,
Looking for a bit of help. After switching to my new arrow set up (353 grain with no insert vs 284) I am having issue with my right fletching making contact with rest.

I run a G5 cmax rest and assume I could just adjust this to resolve issue. You can see the contact mark on frame of rest.

When I was using lighter grain arrows for practice this never happened or if it did it wasn’t noticeable. Other odd part was that it only happened with new arrows while shooting at 40 and 50. Shooting shorter shots didn’t seem to matter but that makes zero sense to me.

I have attached a couple of photos and can certainly take more.

Any help would be appreciated as I can’t get to shop for a few days.

15105536be98fadb28f6cbb0d3d8fa93.jpg
adb08a997fe6ecfcc6e3f10e39e4ceff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Anyone? Haven’t tinkered yet. Will tinker with timing tomorrow and bring to shop if I can’t figure it out

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Do the new arrows have nocks that feel tighter when clicking onto serving? Happens with all new arrows or just certain ones? Vanes spaced same distance from nock as other arrows?

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Do the new arrows have nocks that feel tighter when clicking onto serving? Happens with all new arrows or just certain ones? Vanes spaced same distance from nock as other arrows?

They are shorter in length but width seems to be the same. Both new arrows and old click and pop off like I feel they should.

I only shot 3 of my new dozen to adjust sight a bit after going from 8.4gpi to 10.6gpi. I stopped shooting them after two arrows fletching were pulled right off.

I’m not sure on vane and nock spacing.

Other thing of note is I just put this g5 rest in a few weeks ago. Before that I was shooting a whisker biscuit.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Found error with my rest. Going to let some fly in a few and see what happens

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Curious what the issue was?

Knock high?

Rest timing?

Thought the issue was rest not opening enough on the drop but after testing tonight that isn’t the case.

Arrows seem to be hitting on an angle so thinking it’s either rest/nock location or nock actually squeezing too hard.

Weird part is the lighter arrows don’t seem to be affected.

I’ll find out when I run it to shop.

What has changed besides your arrow weight? You said they are shorter? Are they the same spine?

I don't know that I'll come up with an answer. I'm trying to figure out why your lighter arrows aren't doing the same thing. I kinda suspect they are, just it's gone unnoticed. Or it's a vane height difference.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
What has changed besides your arrow weight? You said they are shorter? Are they the same spine?

I don't know that I'll come up with an answer. I'm trying to figure out why your lighter arrows aren't doing the same thing. I kinda suspect they are, just it's gone unnoticed. Or it's a vane height difference.

Biggest difference was install of G5 cmax rest. My other arrows may have been doing it since that install but none have had a fletching torn straight off.

New arrows are like 1/8” longer but nocks on my lighter arrows are slightly longer then nocks on new fmj’s

Vanes are same blazer vanes on each arrow.

Biggest difference was install of G5 cmax rest. My other arrows may have been doing it since that install but none have had a fletching torn straight off.

New arrows are like 1/8” longer but nocks on my lighter arrows are slightly longer then nocks on new fmj’s

Vanes are same blazer vanes on each arrow.

I'm not familiar with the rest you are using but it seems to me like it must be the timing in the drop away. Might need to use a draw board to get it adjusted correctly. I set mine so the arrow moves forward about an inch before the rest starts to drop. The fact that it is taking whole fletching off is weird. That's like it isn't dropping at all. Even at that it should just curl the fletching up. I mean I can shoot through a bag target or foam target and it not rip off vanes. Eventually it tears them up pretty good, but can take a few shots.

I would suggest you try different vanes. The blazers are pretty tall. Might be you could get good results going to a 3" vane that doesn't have as tall of a profile. You should still be able to get get clearance with the blazers tho.

Does that rest drop straight down or pivot on the right and swing down? Might try rotating you fletching a little if it swings down instead of dropping. Turn so cock vane is pointing straight out instead of up.

Rest works much like a vaportrail pro v.

On this rest though if it not wound the right way it will either not drop at all or very slowly.

Center shot also plays a big part on it that if u get it to high it sets above the shelf and will contact because its dropped position sits to high.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
the title of the thread is what threw a lot of people off I think, its no so much that you have contact after you changed arrows, its because you put a new rest on as well and didn't have it set up properly. Sounds like you got it figured.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Just had dude at shop check rest and put everything back square and back the shooting bullets