Fletching distance

bisblue

WKR
I fletched a couple arrows with an Arizona EZ and found that I can touch my nose to the fletch at full draw (1" from end of the carbon shaft). My Bitz was always set at 1 3/8" and I find myself leaning forward now to touch the fletch. Any negatives to a fletching slightly further back?

I'm a newer traditional shooter, ok not great form, so still playing with different things. Not sure I would notice the difference other than it touching my nose.

20220412_101449.jpg

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
IIRC many high level shooters prefer their fletching a bit father back. Are you using feather to nose as a shot trigger? If so then the difference in distance will make a difference in how far you’re pulling. Or if you’re shooting two different style fletchings, depending on shooting level you will see an impact difference and a change in gaps if you’re shooting gap as well.

Blackcow

WKR
With the EZ, the length of the nock from the end of the shaft to the bottom of the throat sets the location of the fletching, I’ve used shorter nocks. Like a gold tip ultra light, I’ve used a dremel to cut the nock deeper, and used a dremel to cut a notch into just a nock bushing. They’ll all locate the fletching a bit further down the shaft. To move them closer to the end I just don’t seat the nock as deep until I’m done fletching.

galamb

FNG
No idea if it makes any difference at all to arrow flight but do know the few times my finger has brushed a feather and made that bristle noise it has chased away deer faster than blasting a bull horn at them.

Many sounds don't bother them but that (noise) when you rub a feather seems to be a "get out of here quick" signal. So I fletch a little further away to try and minimize my fingers getting close enough to touch them at full draw.