Fletching Fight: FOB vs Vane

ive been looking at tying them just for the sake of trying them. LOL @ the dudley turd comment, big facts there. a few random Q's maybe someone can help me out with...

-What does a fob weigh in grains?

-What is the height of these vs 2" blazers?
(I shoot a wheel sight and the longest distance i can dial to before my vane skims the bottom of my sight housing is 93 yards. I enjoy shooting further distance just for fun and was wondering how these would work clearance wise)

Thanks

dang, this thread went to poo quick. i enjoy John's reviews, they always seem unbiased to me, including this one... he tested fobs and showed his results.... i'm sure he got them for free, because his tests have gotten popular, so it makes sense folks would send him products to test.... it gives said company/product exposure.

i would imagine some of the bugs the early fobs had have been worked out. the little i have heard about fobs recently was pretty positive. the penetration part of the test was interesting, never really considered that aspect.

the thing that has kept me from getting some to try myself is the fact the fob and your nock come off on a pass through, i have just grown fond of lighted nocks, and fobs defeat the purpose a bit. i still may try them, but i expect the same exact results as John had, and don't particularly have any problems with vanes. i like my 6 mini blazers (alternating pink/white) for my compounds, they shoot good and are very quiet (not that i care much about arrow noise) they are easy to see, and easy to find, and stabilize an arrow well and are low profile so i don't have to deal with clearance issues ever..... we all have a different setup we like.

fobs seem like a pretty decent option to me. if your nock stayed on with a pass through, i would at least buy a dozen to try

shooting in a crosswind seems like they would be all benefit, like hunting open desert stuff.... certainly low surface area

Reactions: ZDR