Fletching issues

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I have always fletched my own arrows, in years past I have always used the blazer vanes with the Arizona ez fletch mini and never had any issues. This year I decided to try the AAE max vanes so I got the larger AZ ez fletch. It seems to have a much more extreme helical on it than the mini and I have been having a few fletchings fall off mid flight.
The question I have is, has anyone else run into this issue? I am wondering if the extreme helical on the longer vanes is too much and not getting a good seal with the glue?

Marble

WKR
I had issues when putting the vanes on wraps. Stripped the wraps, followed instructions and they shoot great, don't rip and perform as well or better than anything else I've shot thus far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I like the system aae has for their vanes. Use the pen and glue, and you can fletch an arrow in a couple of minutes. And shoot in a few more minutes.

I use their primer and glue on just about everything these days. Sure beats the days of fletch tight.....

Zac

WKR
I guess I am the total opposite. I tried switching to Blazers this year and could not get them to stick with the Vane Master Pro. They were all tearing off with the AAE glue at a 5 degree helical. Had mixed results with the 3 degree helical. Does anyone know if this is a glue issue. Should I have used the Bohning Blazer glue instead? Anyway I wen't back to the Max Stealths and they stick perfectly as usual. Now if I could only read the 5 degree paper tear:rolleyes:

I use aae max stealth with the primer pen and max bond glue with no issues.

I even had an arrow go through a piece of plywood and the fletches stayed on.

ncavi8tor

WKR
The AAE Max series of vanes are designed to be used as a system with the glue and primer. When fletched per their instructions it works beautifully!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
AAE Max Stealth user here, exclusively on wraps. Never had an issue as long as I follow their instructions as there is an activator on the base of the vanes. I did use acetone and a different glue which worked on a couple occasions, but on another I had pretty much every vane fall off the first time I shot it.

Make sure to use new glue too, old stuff can go bad.

I use a bitzenburger helical clamp, with about 1.5 degree offset.

I was told yesterday you can wash the AAE max vanes in Dawn dish soap and use any of the glues to get them to stick. Don't know, that sounds better than all the other stuff, but I'd still rather have vanes I just pull out the package and glue on.

Reactions: Zac