Fletching Jigs??

I am getting some new arrows and want to fletch them up myself. I know the Bitzenburger is a great jig, but am tight on money and $100 for a jig right now would be hard(I just spent a lot of money on the new arrows and components.) I have been looking at the Bohning pro class jig. I will be using a 4-Fletch so the arizona EZ fletch won't work. Do you guys have any experience with the bohning pro class jig or do you have any other recommendations? Thanks!!

Just give up on the 4 fletch and go with the Arizona EZ fletch mini max. So much helical it'll do the work of 4 vanes with 3. Save money on vanes and jigs. I even use it for my trad arrows now too because the extreme helical gets me plenty of stability and recovery with less vane weight.

You can do a 4 fletch with the AZ-EZ fletch:

Obviously you may have to practice a tad before you get it just right. I am a big fan of the AZ-EZ and the Bitz, cost wise the AZ is versatile and will get the job done.

I've had great results with the Grayling fletching jig. Comes with rings to do 3 or 4 fletch. Adjustable for offset also if you want a weak or strong offset. Not a lot of coin either ....around $30. They also sell just he clamp if you want to do helical.

Google Grayling fletching jig. I'm sure there are a couple of sellers for them.

I'm all for DIY but if money's tight at the moment and it's a small quantity of arrows, having a shop fletch them may be the way to go. Vanes run $0.25 apiece or more, so you'll be spending a $1 per arrow plus $10 on a bottle of adhesive that you may only use a small fraction of plus whatever the jig costs. Just food for thought.

OP
Dylan Sluis
I'm all for DIY but if money's tight at the moment and it's a small quantity of arrows, having a shop fletch them may be the way to go. Vanes run $0.25 apiece or more, so you'll be spending a $1 per arrow plus $10 on a bottle of adhesive that you may only use a small fraction of plus whatever the jig costs. Just food for thought.
I would do that if the pro shop by me hadn't lost all of my trust. I got a new bow from them and when they set me up they screwed up not 1, not 2, but 3 things. So I don't have any trust for them to do my arrows. So I am going to do them myself

OP
Dylan Sluis
The only thing I have against the AZ EZ Fletch is I will be using TAC vanes. And they are a little tricky for adhesion. And I don't want a crazy helical. Only 1-2 degrees

TX_Diver

WKR
The only thing I have against the AZ EZ Fletch is I will be using TAC vanes. And they are a little tricky for adhesion. And I don't want a crazy helical. Only 1-2 degrees
Just get the pro instead of max. More reasonable helical.

OP
Dylan Sluis
Just get the pro instead of max. More reasonable helical.
It's not just the helical for me. Like is said above I will be using TAC vanes which are a little tricky for adhesion. So I want to go 1 vane at a time. And don't want to use a AZ EZ Fletch.

TX_Diver

WKR
It's not just the helical for me. Like is said above I will be using TAC vanes which are a little tricky for adhesion. So I want to go 1 vane at a time. And don't want to use a AZ EZ Fletch.
10-4. Hard to beat the bitz for that. Can probably find a used one for a reasonable price.

In my experience you are going to get the bits either now or later.

I had 3 different fletchers over the years til I got one.

Haven't had the need for anything more since.

You can do a 4 fletch with the AZ-EZ fletch:

Obviously you may have to practice a tad before you get it just right. I am a big fan of the AZ-EZ and the Bitz, cost wise the AZ is versatile and will get the job done.
I use this as well. Its really slick and not too bad to learn

OP
Dylan Sluis
In my experience you are going to get the bits either now or later.

I had 3 different fletchers over the years til I got one.

Haven't had the need for anything more since.
I will eventually get a Bitz or a Vane Master Pro someday. But for now I will only be doing a dozen arrows and just need something that is good enough for now.

Rob5589

WKR
I will eventually get a Bitz or a Vane Master Pro someday. But for now I will only be doing a dozen arrows and just need something that is good enough for now.
The Bitz is really the way to go, as I myself learned. Is there anybody near you that can lend you a fletcher? I have a couple of the Blazer jigs and while they work fine, cleaning the glue off the plastic can be a pita. I'd guess the Pro would have the same issue. Just fyi, I bought my Bitz used with clamp for 60 bucks. Don't overlook a used one.

MattB

WKR
My Bitz has collected dust since I bought 2 EZ-fletch minis. I get no joy from fletching arrows, so it is nice to be able to bang out a dozen in 15-20 minutes,

wayoh22

WKR
Buy once, cry once. If you spent the money on all the nice arrows and components and then skimped on the actually apparatus to complete it, I feel you'd be doing yourself a disservice. Not trying to tell you how to spend you rmoney but you should see if you could pick up a used Bitz on here or Archerytalk.