Fletching Kinetic Pierce arrows

HaakChiro

FNG
I am new to the arrow building and not finding much luck on arrow building for gold tip kinetic pierce arrows. For my current bow setup they seem to be the best flying. I decided to go down the rabbit hole and build my own. Currently having issues with finding a jig that will help bohing heat vanes get adequate pressure to bind with the shafts. I am wanting to test with small degrees of offset and helicals, maybe 3 or 4 fletch designs. Any advice for a jig? I have access to a Bitzenburger but the corners don’t sit flat.

wayoh22

WKR
I see you're a new member but there are hundreds of threads on here that cover exactly what you're asking. Please at least use the search feature.

And as to not come off as a a**hole...assembling arrows is not specific to the shaft you chose meaning that you wouldn't treat gold tip kinetics different then say an easton axis shaft. In the end, it's a shaft that you're putting vanes on.

As for my own $0.02, if the arrows are flying fine why even bother changing it?

As for a jig, Bitzenburger can accomplish a majority of angles with the helical clamp. Plenty of people have used bohning heat vanes with a Bitz.

OP
H

HaakChiro

FNG
I see you're a new member but there are hundreds of threads on here that cover exactly what you're asking. Please at least use the search feature.

And as to not come off as a a**hole...assembling arrows is not specific to the shaft you chose meaning that you wouldn't treat gold tip kinetics different then say an easton axis shaft. In the end, it's a shaft that you're putting vanes on.

As for my own $0.02, if the arrows are flying fine why even bother changing it?

As for a jig, Bitzenburger can accomplish a majority of angles with the helical clamp. Plenty of people have used bohning heat vanes with a Bitz.
I tried searching through threads but the kinetic pierce being smaller diameter seems to struggle with getting a good contact using a Bitz jig.
Maybe my question wasn’t worded well enough so I’ll admit to that. I’m also looking to experiment with other combinations which is why I’m looking for a jig that can fletch the GT.

What’s keeping the bitz from not working? I can usually adjust the clamp to get good adhesion down the length of the vane on a micro.

If the tip of the clamp is hitting the shaft and you can’t adjust it, or move the vane back toward the nock, some guys just cut the front inch or so of the clamp off with a hack saw.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I am new to the arrow building and not finding much luck on arrow building for gold tip kinetic pierce arrows. For my current bow setup they seem to be the best flying. I decided to go down the rabbit hole and build my own. Currently having issues with finding a jig that will help bohing heat vanes get adequate pressure to bind with the shafts. I am wanting to test with small degrees of offset and helicals, maybe 3 or 4 fletch designs. Any advice for a jig? I have access to a Bitzenburger but the corners don’t sit flat.
The Bitz is adjustable. Rotate the top and bottom knobs until you like the contact.

Yeti

FNG
I have the same arrows and use the bitz jig as others have said you will have to adjust the side dials to get it to fit.

sndmn11

WKR
We use Pierce shafts also, and with a helical bitz king I have found there is one spot the dials can be in to get full contact and isn't much room for angle adjustment.