flexible light boots

I'm looking for a pair of flexible light durable boots and was wondering what other people use, and might recommend?

cmahoney

WKR
Salomon X Ultra Mid are my favorite, especially when you can get them for just over $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR
Definitely not the same support as real boots. If you need ankle support and going off trail or packing a lot of weight I wouldn’t recommend them. I’m good with the lack of ankle support and use them as long as there isn’t significant snow.

OP
247 bowwalker
Thank you, I'll have to check them out the next time I get a chance to make it to a store.

Sturgeon

WKR
I tried on a pair of the ultras and the seemed really narrow. I've never worn wide sizes. Have you found this boot to run narrow?

cmahoney

WKR

Not sure if your a shoe fan, but trail runners are amazing when its hot out. I like the salomon speedcross4's

10ringer

WKR
For light and flexible I run either crispi summit or Lowa Camino gtx. Not as light as my Salomon 4d’s but more supportive and better at keeping water out.

I've been eyeing the Crispi line. Thank you for the recommendation
You wouldn’t be disappointed, by far my favorite boots. Summits are pretty light, great all around boot for over freezing. The laponia is lighter than the summits, and will be my next boot.

I hate stiff heavy boots, my normal elk hunting boots were asolo Shivers with gaiters, very breathable setup, but since getting the summits, I wear them most, so comfortable.

I have a pile of boots at home I have bought and tried, and didn’t like, summits are by far my favorite so far, crispi will be the only boots I buy going forward.

They are holding up crazy good too

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
I've been wearing Lowa Caminos for a couple of years and would highly recommend them. I'm currently looking at a pair of Vasque Breeze or Crispi Thor for a lighter, better breathing option when I don't need as much support.

OP
247 bowwalker
So I ordered a pair of Crispi Thor a couple of weeks ago and so far love them. I've been alternating between 50 and 20 lbs in my pack, on intense hill hikes above my house lasting a hour to an hour and a half. I'm very impressed as of right now with the weight and right amount of stiffness with this boot. I did put some Dr Scholl's try-comfort insoles in over the top of the Crispi insoles and they feel great. I would like to say thanks to you all for your recommendations and hopefully you all have a great hunting season.

barkdevi

FNG
I'm looking for a pair of flexible light durable boots and was wondering what other people use, and might recommend?
I dont hear a lot of people talk about these boots much but I have a pair of Danners that I really like. Right out of the box they were comfortable. I haven't had any issues with them yet.