Float hunt versus drop camp for caribou

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
We are flying into the proenke cabin and starting our 10 day trip there. We are getting picked up at maribou landing, 20 miles below the confluence. Really looking forward to the trip. I have rented a bear fence, and will have a pistol and bear spray. I have been fascinated with alone in the wilderness for many years. Luckily, my wife wanted to do this trip, we will see if she wants more bush trips after this one though. This is a diy trip.
That was the only guided anything that I have done up here...it was a special deal that my friend worked out way back when. I've since then bought my own inflatable rafts and have enjoyed a good number of very remote diy floats. I have one already booked for this August...remote floats are one of my favorite outdoor adventures up here...and if you choose the river wisely, it is remote solitude through fly-fishing heaven.

Every float is an adventure...be safe and have fun!

OP
M
I am looking forward to the trip, i have put together succesful float hunts for moose and caribou in the past. this trip was supposed to happen last summer, for our 20th wedding anniversary adventure. But my wife broke her leg. We have done lots of multi day river trips, but this is her first one in alaska. She is used to dry boxes and coolers full of ice. Should be a gooder. She loves to fish, me, i would rather go to work than fish.