Floorless setup question

Do you just carry a single layer of tyvek for under your bag or do you double it up? I bought some from Amazon and there is probably enough to triple layer but I don't want to carry in more than really needed. Thanks for the advice.

Instagram.com/windpowerpro

mlob1one

WKR
Do you just carry a single layer of tyvek for under your bag or do you double it up? I bought some from Amazon and there is probably enough to triple layer but I don't want to carry in more than really needed. Thanks for the advice.

I only carry a single layer for under my pad unless there are a ton of nasty thorns everywhere.
Here's a tyvek tip... throw it in your washing machine on cold a couple of times to soften it up and make it more quiet. Otherwise it is loud enough to wake the dead.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
One layer should be enough, depending on what pad you're using. If you're concerned, double up. 3 layers is likely overkill. Just be conscious of where you set up and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

OP
W
Oh I wasn't going to use three. I wanted to use one, willing to use two if needed /necessary. Thanks!

Beendare

WKR
Water wicks up through that Tyvek.

I think the best would be that PU stuff Ripstop by the roll sells...then paint stripes of silicone of you don't want stuff sliding.

Tsnider

WKR
here in Colorado I have been using tyvek. Havent had issues with water coming up through the tyvek yet and i have pitched my shelter on wet grass. not saying it doesnt happen, i just didnt have an issue with it that night or the night i was sleeping on a little snow.

i use a single sheet. just make sure to take your tyvek and run it through the washing machine with cold water and let it air dry.
edit ^ just noticed someone beat me to it up there.

Last edited:

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
+1 for Tyvek, but I'm playing around with using a piece of thin silnylon this year. And good tip on washing the tyvek, b/c it is insanely loud.