Flush cup setup?

Almost ready to order a manners stock. Final decision is flush cup setup for being able to sling the rifle as well as other uses.

I'm a lefty. Never had flush cups on a hunting rifle before.

So, what setup is recommended?

Dreeko

FNG
This is pretty much the exact setup I went with on my Manners EH-1 minus the Arca Rail. I believe my front/bottom cup sits behind the pic rail rather that being integrated into the rail.

Lawnboi

WKR
Right handed here. 2 flush cups for me on the left side for slung use.

Provisions for a front and rear bipod and tripod mount, last one I ordered tapped for an area 419 12”.

Ultralite cheek spacer.

Barrel channel cut with some extra float, or just go m24 and be done with ever needing to mess with it.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
I use a right-handed Manners EH1 with an ultralight cf cheek riser.
One flush cup on the front left.
Flush cups on both the left and right sides of the stock.
Arca rail from the magwell to the front end for tripod and bipod use.

OP
silverbullet555
Right side front & rear - normal carry for a lefty
Left side front & rear - occasional sling supported positions
Pic rail front with integrated FC.
4" Arca Rail in front of mag well. OR full length arca rail. Ideally, see if manners will drill & tap the mini-chassis for installation of arca rail (mini-chassis is the way to go with any manners)

This is pretty much the exact setup I went with on my Manners EH-1 minus the Arca Rail. I believe my front/bottom cup sits behind the pic rail rather that being integrated into the rail.

Right handed here. 2 flush cups for me on the left side for slung use.

Provisions for a front and rear bipod and tripod mount, last one I ordered tapped for an area 419 12”.

Ultralite cheek spacer.

Barrel channel cut with some extra float, or just go m24 and be done with ever needing to mess with it.
How much bigger is m24 vs sendero?

What is the provision for the rear bipod?
I use a right-handed Manners EH1 with an ultralight cf cheek riser.
One flush cup on the front left.
Flush cups on both the left and right sides of the stock.
Arca rail from the magwell to the front end for tripod and bipod use.

I don't have anything at this point that uses an ARCA rail. I'm somewhat unfamiliar with them other than knowing they came from the photography world.

Lawnboi

WKR
Tripod in the rear of the fore end. Not bipod. M24 is as big a cut as you can fit in an eh1. Unless it’s going to be wearing the same barrel for a really long time or you have a certain one in mind I prefer to go big and not worry about having it cut again. More float never hurt anything. Might look strange with a tikka factory lite though.

OP
silverbullet555
Tripod in the rear of the fore end. Not bipod. M24 is as big a cut as you can fit in an eh1. Unless it’s going to be wearing the same barrel for a really long time or you have a certain one in mind I prefer to go big and not worry about having it cut again. More float never hurt anything. Might look strange with a tikka factory lite though.

Gotcha. Barrel is in hand. It's a proof carbon sendero profile.

Lawnboi

WKR
Gotcha. Barrel is in hand. It's a proof carbon sendero profile.
That’s on the thick side already. When you order you can order with some extra float, which I would recommend myself. Lots of guys like tite nice looking barrel channels, I personally want a little room for flex and tolerance stacking, especially if piecing together yourself. The eh1 is a hell of a stock, very happy manners made a mold for the tikka.

OP
silverbullet555
That’s on the thick side already. When you order you can order with some extra float, which I would recommend myself. Lots of guys like tite nice looking barrel channels, I personally want a little room for flex and tolerance stacking, especially if piecing together yourself. The eh1 is a hell of a stock, very happy manners made a mold for the tikka.
I've been working with Jim over there via email. I'll make sure to add that to my notes for the order.

SDHNTR

WKR
My opinion is… don’t. I know that will twist some panties. I don’t get em. And yes, I’ve tried. Use the swivel stud under the forearm and on the bottom of the butt stock, the traditional locations. Do you hunt with a pack? I always do. Who doesn’t? Then back carry won’t work well. Do you hunt with your binos in a chest harness? I always do. Who doesn’t? That rules out chest carry. Some things ain’t broke and don’t need fixing. Hunting rifles get slung over your shoulder like they have for a hundred years. They also leave ugly holes in your stock and you look like a tactitool carrying one around slung all weird.

archp625

WKR
My opinion is… don’t. I know that will twist some panties. I don’t get em. And yes, I’ve tried. Use the swivel stud under the forearm and on the bottom of the butt stock, the traditional locations. Do you hunt with a pack? I always do. Who doesn’t? Then back carry won’t work well. Do you hunt with your binos in a chest harness? I always do. Who doesn’t? That rules out chest carry. Some things ain’t broke and don’t need fixing. Hunting rifles get slung over your shoulder like they have for a hundred years. They also leave ugly holes in your stock and you look like a tactitool carrying one around slung all weird.
I agree with SDHNTR. I orders a Manners EH1 in July and decided against them. I had them on another EH1 because I thought I needed them. They look cool and add a little weight is it. The one I just ordered has a small pic rail on the front and nothing else.

I strap the rifle on my pack and go. No need for everything else. Plus the rear swivel sling gets caught riding my rear bag when practicing.