Flush cups on left side of stock?

SDHNTR

WKR
I just got a new semi custom rifle and unbeknownst to me at purchase, it’s got flush cups on the left side of the stock. I can’t say I’m a fan, at least not of the aesthetics. But maybe I can be convinced of the function. What’s the advantage? I hunt with a backpack on 90% of the time so it being flat on my back makes no sense. What about snugging into a sling to shoot? Any advantage there? Sell me on these things before I grind em out and bondo over em.

Rob5589

WKR
They are best used when slung across your back or chest so the gun sits flat. They are common for PRS type shooting where the gun is slung chest style, barrel down. Makes getting in and out of slung up shooting more comfortable than the sling coming off the bottom. I prefer them especially when running a large turret scope.

Lawnboi

WKR
Keeps a bipod out of your shoulder. Keeps the trigger/mag out of your side and back. I use them over traditional studs now and will be including them on all my stocks from here out.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I don't even know what a flush cup is. First I've ever heard of such a thing.
I had to look up what the proper name for them was too. Ok. I’m kinda anti tactical hunter stuff so I don’t see a use for these things. How would you sling it with a pack on? These seem like an eye sore to me. WTH is PRS shooting? I’m just a hunter. This new kid stuff is foreign to me!

Rob5589

WKR
I had to look up what the proper name for them was too. Ok. I’m kinda anti tactical hunter stuff so I don’t see a use for these things. How would you sling it with a pack on? These seem like an eye sore to me. WTH is PRS shooting? I’m just a hunter. This new kid stuff is foreign to me!
You sling it the same way. You just don't have parts digging into your back, or pack if you attach it that way.
PRS; https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/

Couple things:

>Hang with it... You'll adopt the idea quick once you start using it. Traditional sling studs on the bottom of the stock cause a funky, top-heavy center of gravity where the rifle weight pulls and leans opposite of travel. Flush on the left side brings the rifle tighter to your body (or pack) and transfers the direction of the weight to lean from right shoulder toward your center. There's less leverage against your body.

>If wearing a pack get a rifle bearer and you won't need a sling.

Hope this helps!