Fly Creek HV 2 Carbon vs Soul x2

Looking for the lightest freestanding 2 person tent on the market and have found the Big Agnes Fly Creek HV 2 Carbon and the Big Sky Soul x2 to be it. So does anyone have any experience with one or the other or have an opinion on which may be better? It will be for myself as i am 6”2 and use a 30 inch wide pad so I want a two person that will provide plenty of room. One concern I do have is the amount of condensation build up with the fabrics that are used the last thing I want is to wake up with a bag soaking went from condensation.

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Platinum version of the Fly Creek. I have used it for 5+ years and spent a lot of nights in it. Overall I love the tent. It's extremely light weight and compact. I'm 5"10 and run a 26 inch pad and I have plenty of room. I have never had any condensation issues. The fly directs condensation outside of the inner part of the tent very well. And the inner tent is almost all mesh, so you really don't get condensation on that part.

A couple of things to think about:
  1. I guess technically the Fly Creek is free standing. But, I've always staked it out. It gets cramped in there very fast when not staked out. Stakes are the only way to really get the full dimensions listed.
  2. The door design is not great. Getting in and out of the tent is not real easy. And if it is raining, you will get some spray in at the front of the tent.
  3. The vestibule isn't very spacious. Room for boots and your bino pack. But, the more you put in there, the harder it is to get in and out of, which already isn't great.
  4. As with any of these SUL tents, the materials are not as durable as some others. Although after 5 years, I think I only have 2 little pinholes in the floor. But, I have taken great care when setting up camp to make sure I'm not on sticks or sharp rocks. So, the tent can still last you a long time. You just might need to baby it a bit more than your standard tent.
If I were buying a tent right now, I would probably go with the BA Tiger Wall Carbon. It's a few ounces heavier than the Fly Creek Carbon. But, you get two doors on the sides. Instead of one at the head of the tent. Overall, I love my Fly Creek and will probably just keep it until it completely wears out.

ridgefire

WKR
I did not like the end entrance on the fly creek at all. Sucks trying to crawl in ssns then turn around while in the tent.

OP
BigCountry344
I have the Platinum version of the Fly Creek. I have used it for 5+ years and spent a lot of nights in it. Overall I love the tent. It's extremely light weight and compact. I'm 5"10 and run a 26 inch pad and I have plenty of room. I have never had any condensation issues. The fly directs condensation outside of the inner part of the tent very well. And the inner tent is almost all mesh, so you really don't get condensation on that part.

A couple of things to think about:
  1. I guess technically the Fly Creek is free standing. But, I've always staked it out. It gets cramped in there very fast when not staked out. Stakes are the only way to really get the full dimensions listed.
  2. The door design is not great. Getting in and out of the tent is not real easy. And if it is raining, you will get some spray in at the front of the tent.
  3. The vestibule isn't very spacious. Room for boots and your bino pack. But, the more you put in there, the harder it is to get in and out of, which already isn't great.
  4. As with any of these SUL tents, the materials are not as durable as some others. Although after 5 years, I think I only have 2 little pinholes in the floor. But, I have taken great care when setting up camp to make sure I'm not on sticks or sharp rocks. So, the tent can still last you a long time. You just might need to baby it a bit more than your standard tent.
If I were buying a tent right now, I would probably go with the BA Tiger Wall Carbon. It's a few ounces heavier than the Fly Creek Carbon. But, you get two doors on the sides. Instead of one at the head of the tent. Overall, I love my Fly Creek and will probably just keep it until it completely wears out.
I did not like the end entrance on the fly creek at all. Sucks trying to crawl in ssns then turn around while in the tent.

I also read a lot of complaints about the sort designs. I talked to big Agnes and they said the carbon does not nearly breath as well as the platinum but that’s the sacrifice you make for ultralight. I’ve also read that if your over 6 foot your feet will took the sidewalls which I’m not sure is an issue.