Fly fishing recommendations in Alaska

mlob1one

WKR
I have the opportunity to go to AK next year anywhere Alaskan Air flies because we canceled our trip to Hawaii twice and we've got some credit.

That said, my wife is giving me the green light to go fly fishing with her next year.

I've fly fished in Southeast a couple times and am looking for a bit of an adventure. My first inclination is to fly out to Gates of the Arctic NP and get dropped off for 3-4 days and fish in the backcountry. I'd also love to find giant arctic char, but am happy with bows, grayling, salmon, etc.

Any ideas? Where have you gone & where would you go?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I had a blast fishing the Delta clear waters for grayling this fall. Think we caught 20-25 all over 17”.

nimrod_gn

FNG
I did a 7 day self guided trip out of Kotzebue this August. Hell of a time.
This trip is on my bucket list. Started researching it. I've fished a lot of places in Alaska and I'm thinking I need to do this trip next. May have to PM you

nimrod_gn

FNG
I have the opportunity to go to AK next year anywhere Alaskan Air flies because we canceled our trip to Hawaii twice and we've got some credit.

That said, my wife is giving me the green light to go fly fishing with her next year.

I've fly fished in Southeast a couple times and am looking for a bit of an adventure. My first inclination is to fly out to Gates of the Arctic NP and get dropped off for 3-4 days and fish in the backcountry. I'd also love to find giant arctic char, but am happy with bows, grayling, salmon, etc.

Any ideas? Where have you gone & where would you go?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I've fished both locations that this place operates at. They are amazing. https://epicanglingadventure.com/

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
There’s an awful lot of good fishing in Ak. You need to determine what kind of fish you would really like to target. They all have their special thrills and traits. You very well may be able to capture a couple species at one place in one trip. Time of year and area specified dependent.
Whatever you chose I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

eamyrick

WKR
This trip is on my bucket list. Started researching it. I've fished a lot of places in Alaska and I'm thinking I need to do this trip next. May have to PM you
For sure. I’m won’t put it all out here but it was a very doable DIY that was a trip of a lifetime for sure.