Flying vs. Driving

Lowndes

FNG
I am going on an elk/mule deer hunt in Idaho this fall and am working out logistics. I much prefer driving but it is a 27 hour drive from Texas to where I'm going and can't make that work so will be flying out there and if I am able to fill my tags then driving home. To people who have done this before what do you normally rent for the drive back home? I was thinking a small SUV and little uhaul trailer would be easiest as elk antlers plus meat wouldn't fit in many rental vehicles. Alternatively, I can just fly back home but shipping all that meat plus any antlers can get expensive quick.

ODB

WKR
Best idea Ive seen recently for this was, two dudes that few out, bought a truck, drove back home with meat and antlers and then sold the truck.

I’ve heard of that. Also know a guy who bought a small box freezer and small generator to run it on the long drive across the country. By the time he got home his meat was frozen. Quick Craigslist deal to dump the freezer and generator and he wasn’t out very much at all...