Flying with a bow?

RobD

Banned
Gonna catch an in state flight and want to bring my bow with me. It's a take down recurve. Can I take it down and bring it on the plane with me. Check the arrows with my luggage? or do I have to check the bow as well? Im flying with Southwest.

Don't ask us, ask the airline. Each one is a little different and they change their rules now and then but don't always advertise the changes.

TXCO

WKR
I cant imagine theyd let you carry it on unless you maybe you put in a fishing rod holder

I just returned from a trip to HI with my take-down. Wrapped it 9 ways to Sunday, put it down below in the plane and put it in my largest bag in the middle of my clothing. Opened it up upon getting to my room and they had opened it both to and from mainland took it out of the bubble wrap and just put it back into the suitcase on top none the less......Dopes.

• Banned
OP
R

RobD

Banned
Ended up checking bow and arrows in my luggage. Put it in the middle of the suitcase broken down and wrapped it with clothes. Fortunately no damage. I need to get a hard case to put it in though for some extra protection.