FMJ or AXIS for 27.5 DL / 70# DW

I used the FMJs for a while and finally got tired of bent arrows so I switched to the axis. I liked the weight of the FMJ and it blew through everything. What I did was switch to the axis cut it down a couple inches. Currently running 26in arrow and put 75 grains of brass up front. Gives me roughly 458 grain arrow at 15% FOC.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Okay…here is my input.

I have shot FMJ’s for almost 10 years. They are great arrows if you know how to properly cut and square them.

I believe where most people get a little wobble on a arrow spinner is because after the arrows were cut they weren’t properly squared (both nock and tip end of arrow). If you keep shooting a fmj that wasn’t squared properly the broadhead/FP collar is not going to sit flush and constant impact on that aluminum will cause some problems. Yes they do bend occasionally. But I’ve only had a few bend in which it was my fault from making a bad shot. Also IMO that if you’re shooting a underspined FMJ they will have a greater chance of bending.

1158801C-E756-49BF-ACEA-EA83A8BB49B2.jpeg

Sample of one but I did an arrow switch up last year. I shoot a +70# bow with a bit longer draw than you. I came down to FMJs and two flavors of axis. I ordered 3 of each and shot them last summer. The FMJs flew fine and were a touch heavier but they didn’t outperform the axis. I ended up with axis and a brass insert. They group much tighter than the maxima reds I had used for a while. I tagged out early and switched to rifle last year but the deer I got didn’t live long enough to write a review after one of those Axis arrows zipped him through.