FNG but not new to Kifaru, have questions.

Buncheong

FNG
Hello all, FNG here. I found this site while searching for the Kifaru forums, which appear to have gone away. I was living overseas for awhile and fell out of the EDC/backpacking/hiking scene, and so now a lot of the things I was accustomed to seeing are gone.

Looks like a lot of the old Kifaru product line is gone, too. Was there a shake-up inside this company or a change in leadership?

Just wondering and trying to get up to speed.

Thanks for any info...

Lane579

FNG
I just wish they'd bring back a non-structured cap :) . Not everyone likes trucker or flat billed hats but that is the flavor right now I guess.

MattB

WKR
Management has changed, but most of the transition was under Patrick's watch and was more about moving the company forward.

I love Kifaru gear and have a ton of respect for what Patrick designed and built, but in some regards he was behind the times.

Fellow FNG here too! Mel left Kifaru a few years ago and started new company with his wife called PocketUp. Kifaru has really moved away from tactical packs since then and still has a few EDC packs in their line up such as the Antero, XRay and Shape Charge. I really wish they kept the Zippy and Urban Zippy though.