FNG from Alaska

Devilfish

FNG
Hello Everyone 👋 I finally moved up here from Washington State 11 years ago and still can't find the time to enjoy everything Alaska has to offer. I grew up in Southeastern Arizona and returned to the Southwestern Deserts after 7 years active Army. I was a Stone Mason for 30 years and I'm semi retired now.

I enjoyed handgun metallic silhouette shooting, hunting, fishing, reloading, gold prospecting and exploring new places. I've been involved in the firearms industry in one way or another my entire life, and currently sell guns and optics. I'm always open to new ideas and information and will probably ask a lot of questions, but not without doing some research and at least having some basic knowledge about the subjects. I've got a new Weatherby Vanguard Wilderness in 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum, and waiting for the Scope and mounts to get here. I found the Rokslide Site a couple of weeks ago, and liked what I've seen on here, so I finally decided to join. Thanks for having me.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Only been there a few times, loved it. As an outdoor type you will never run out of things to do. Welcome.

Thanks, I think that if you visit up here you'll be hooked. I've visited here for 20 years prior to moving up here 11 years ago. My only regret is not having done it sooner.
Played army for twenty, lots of PCS requests for Alaska, got sent elsewhere every time. Now a good friend that is semi retired wants to hunt in the fall and Alaska in the summers. Plan as it stands right now is to road trip from Michigan to Alaska for the month of June. 🎣