FNG from Anchorage, AK

Hello Roksliders! FNG here in Anchorage. I've been a long time lurker....2014 to be exact. I guided a sheep hunter on an epic Dall Sheep hunt and he told me he was going to post a hunt report on some silly forum called "rockslide" with a K and no C. So.....I've done lots of lurking and no posting that I can remember in the meantime. It's about time I gave back. I recognize a bunch of you Alaska folk on here, even those of you who try remain anonymous, lol.

I was born in Fairbanks, AK too many years ago. I am mostly a sheep hunter and outdoor endurance sports enthusiast, and have been guiding sheep hunters since 2007 as a part time gig. Ive done over 30 personal and guided sheep hunts. I geek out over technology and new gear and went through a stupid light sheep hunting phase from about 2003-2010. Although new gear and technology is cool, nothing beats experience and knowledge of the country and animals, and the limitations of the kit that you already have. Also, respect for the weather and mother nature goes a long ways in keeping you out of trouble, and successful.

I appreciate all the knowledge that I have absorbed, and have been entertained by a lot of you roksliders' hunt stories, gear discussions, and banter back and forth between members.

Hopefully I can give some of that back and contribute, maybe even on topics I may know a thing or two about, lol.

Cheers!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Hello Roksliders! FNG here in Anchorage. I've been a long time lurker....2014 to be exact. I guided a sheep hunter on an epic Dall Sheep hunt and he told me he was going to post a hunt report on some silly forum called "rockslide" with a K and no C. So.....I've done lots of lurking and no posting that I can remember in the meantime. It's about time I gave back. I recognize a bunch of you Alaska folk on here, even those of you who try remain anonymous, lol.

I was born in Fairbanks, AK too many years ago. I am mostly a sheep hunter and outdoor endurance sports enthusiast, and have been guiding sheep hunters since 2007 as a part time gig. Ive done over 30 personal and guided sheep hunts. I geek out over technology and new gear and went through a stupid light sheep hunting phase from about 2003-2010. Although new gear and technology is cool, nothing beats experience and knowledge of the country and animals, and the limitations of the kit that you already have. Also, respect for the weather and mother nature goes a long ways in keeping you out of trouble, and successful.

I appreciate all the knowledge that I have absorbed, and have been entertained by a lot of you roksliders' hunt stories, gear discussions, and banter back and forth between members.

Hopefully I can give some of that back and contribute, maybe even on topics I may know a thing or two about, lol.

Cheers!
Welcome, and it looks like you should be posting up lots of pictures of sheep hunts! At least 30 😂 I always love looking at sheep and seeing legal rams, especially with verified age. There is lots you can contribute 👍🏼

OP
A
Welcome, and it looks like you should be posting up lots of pictures of sheep hunts! At least 30 😂 I always love looking at sheep and seeing legal rams, especially with verified age. There is lots you can contribute 👍🏼
Thanks! I'll try post some pics in the near future. I never said that I was successful on every single sheep hunt that I've been on or guided, haha. I'm 100% on guiding hunters where the hunter didn't throw in the towel mid-hunt. For my personal hunts, not nearly the success rate, but the adventure rating is always near the top.

Clarktar

WKR

Cheers!
Welcome roper! I'm in the area and try to get out hiking a couple times a week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
A
Welcome roper! I'm in the area and try to get out hiking a couple times a week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Nice to meet you Clarktar! When I get my fitness back (long story) I'm always looking for weekend hike and adventure partners. I've got a couple pics of roped goats (tied off to keep from rolling into the abyss) somewhere that I plan on posting in the future.