FNG from CA and hunting newb

KyleS224

FNG
Hi, I've been lurking for a while but decided to finally join and start posting. I'm from California, been into shooting for 10+ years but September will be my first season as a hunter. Hoping for some beginners luck!

J Batt

WKR
Welcome from SoCal. I'm newish as well to hunting but not firearms. Don't make the mistake I made my first season by getting a new rifle but not bothering with Binoculars. I would leave my rifle home before my binos now.

All you need to become a great hunter is a framed backpack, a rifle and optics, a pair of boots, and a breath of air. That being said having good gear for the backcountry keeps you alive, and don’t fall into the hole that everything has to be camo because it just isn’t true. Have fun out there this season and make sure you read up the regs and know how to stay dry and warm.

J Batt

WKR
All you need to become a great hunter is a framed backpack, a rifle and optics, a pair of boots, and a breath of air. That being said having good gear for the backcountry keeps you alive, and don’t fall into the hole that everything has to be camo because it just isn’t true. Have fun out there this season and make sure you read up the regs and know how to stay dry and warm.

All true, but in CA we are more likely to die of heatstroke/dehydration than from hypothermia.