FNG from CA - Currently in midst of A Zone

Been lurking for quite some time. I decided to throw this out so if I comment on something, someone will know I'm not a bot or random troll. Although I might be...

Just kidding.

I really like the articles here, and some of the gear threads go into a lot of details from guys that have "actually" used the stuff, that you might not get in a review, or sponsored article.

A little bit about me:
A zone archery opened last week and I've had deer on the brain for a couple of months now. This year I have an A tag, a B tag, a Bear tag, a pig tag, a bobcat tag, and a Type A season pass for waterfowl for California, and I drew a 101-109 mid rifle for NV, so some how I'll have to make a trip to scout between now ant then. I've only been deer hunting for 6 years, and got my first one last year, but I have taken several pigs.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome bsanders. For a guy from California sure sounds like you ended up with quite a few tags should made for a exciting fall hope you report back and share some of your success with us look forward to reading about it.

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome, lots of knowledge and experience shared on this site, I'm from a ways north of you, good luck on all your tags...
Mike

KClark

WKR
Welcome bsanders!

The way California prints tags you must have a strip 20 feet long.

OP
B
Welcome bsanders!

The way California prints tags you must have a strip 20 feet long.

Ha ha, yep. I hung it from my front door and it rolled out about a foot on the ground.

It’s getting shorter though. A closed with no deer, but I got out almost every weekend, and I killed a forky on opening weekend of B, next on the list is my NV tag, so the bears are safe for a couple more weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kado

FNG
Forgive me, I’m very new to hunting...when you say A-zone are you talking about Santa Monica mountain range area? If so, that’s right in my neighborhood. If you know A-zone hunters I’m sure you know a few friends of mine. Do you go to the annual Hunters BBQ in Piru?

OP
B
I hunted north A zone this year, whatever wasn’t on fire at least. Hopefully that’ll mean it’s better next year.

OP
B
Another Sonoma county FNG here. What part Bsanders

I tried about 4 different areas of Cache Creek this summer and only saw one spike. I did have a forky on the side of Hopland grade that was BLM, but I couldn’t talk myself into shooting it with my bow and dealing with the people driving by.
I did fill my B tag on a trip with family. So that was cool.