FNG from Eastern Washington

FNG
FNG checking in from Eastern Washington. I've been a lurker for far too long and am excited to be able to contribute to the forum.

Primary focus is big game in WA/ID/WY and soon to add AZ and MT. Archery, muzzleloader, modern, anything I can my hands on and a tag to go with it.

CAB

FNG
Just moved from Vancouver, WA and would hunt a bunch in the east. I might have some locations/notes if you want them for hunting to share.

Reactions: 509
OP

FNG
What parts of eastern Washington? Im in tri cities.
Thanks everyone!

I’m in Wenatchee so my stomping grounds are in Mission (251) / Naneum (328) / Quilomene (329). My buddy and I drew tags in Dayton, Mayview, and Mountain View this year which were a bit of an eye-opener. I greatly overestimated my ability to get private land access for those C tags. Will steer clear of those going forward and ate the points as a lesson. In contrast, I’m headed on my first AZ archery deer hunt today and public land is plentiful!

syoungs

FNG
Hey Syoungs! Hows the deer and elk hunting in the tri-cities area (or within 2 hours)? Im contemplating moving that way. Any help is much appreciated!
Its not fantastic within 2 hours, but its very doable. Its hard to find mature bucks, but lots of smaller deer are shot within 2 hours from here. If you push it to 3 hours, you get into some pretty good whitetail country. (Northeast washington)

The elk hunting is spike and true spike only within 2 hours, and everywhere gets hit hard. Ive been successful in the past, but it was as much luck as anything. Hard to find a spike when everyone is out in the woods.

If your in to fishing, this is an awesome place to live.

The nice part of the tri cities is your not that far from anything. 1.5 hours in 2 directions to different mountain ranges, the columbia river is awesome to live on, 6 hours to the coast of oregon or Washington for fishing, couple hours from idaho.... all easily done in a day.

Theres a number of big bucks taken within 30 min of city limits too, you just dont hear about em much.

If you want more specifics about living and hunting here shoot me a pm, been here my whole life!

jony770

FNG
I know I'm pretty late here, but NE Washington has the best deer hunting in the state with the white tails. Mule deer don't fare too well unfortunately and much of E washington gets overrun with orange come general hunting season. Ditto on the fishing. Lots of great stuff on the E side, the Columbia is a wonderful resource and has lots of excellent tributaries. Chelan has some solid opportunities as well for kokanee and lake trout.