FNG from Highlands of VA

Hey guys glad to be here to learn and share a little bit. I'm a hardcore hunter and farmer and live in Highland County VA, in the Alleghenies. Theres one post down lol!

OP
VAHighlander
I've been a lurker here for years, so figured I better pull my weight. I go out west pretty regularly on DIY hunts. Cant get my wife to pull up stakes and head to Montana, so thats my compromise!
Heading to SE Montana this year during mule deer rifle season. Love to hear from guys on this area and strategies. Thanks!

Coryj

FNG
Welcome from central VA. I try to make it over to Highland County a couple times a year to hunt and fish, beautiful country.

OP
VAHighlander
Welcome from central VA. I try to make it over to Highland County a couple times a year to hunt and fish, beautiful country.
Cold right now here lol, but I have started trying to get in shape for some western hunting this year. where are you in central VA? I used to live in Hanover County.

I've been a lurker here for years, so figured I better pull my weight. I go out west pretty regularly on DIY hunts. Cant get my wife to pull up stakes and head to Montana, so thats my compromise!
Heading to SE Montana this year during mule deer rifle season. Love to hear from guys on this area and strategies. Thanks!
Sounds familiar. I was thinking of SE Montana/NE Wyoming myself. What sold you on Montana?