FNG from Idaho

macabra11

FNG
Howdy everyone! I've often stumbled across this site when researching gear or various hunting topics, so I thought I'd make it official. I am originally from NE Ohio/Western PA/Western NY area, but moved out to Idaho 16 years ago. I really miss hunting on friend's farms with my shotguns for whitetail and turkey, but western hunting is a fantastic experience! I have gotten a few muleys here, but spent most of my time after pheasants. I have yet to get an elk, but it is a huge goal of mine (cow/bull doesn't matter).

Where are you from originally? I grew up just south of Canton, OH and moved here to ID about 2 years ago.

OP
macabra11

macabra11

FNG
Where are you from originally? I grew up just south of Canton, OH and moved here to ID about 2 years ago.
I was born and raised in North Canton (go Vikings), moved to Pittsburgh for a few years in college (go Steelers/Pirates/Pens) and then spent a lot of time south of Buffalo (Springville, NY) where my wife's folks lived until they moved out here and we came with them.

I was born and raised in North Canton (go Vikings), moved to Pittsburgh for a few years in college (go Steelers/Pirates/Pens) and then spent a lot of time south of Buffalo (Springville, NY) where my wife's folks lived until they moved out here and we came with them.

Ha! Small world. I lived in North Canton for a few years (just off Main Street) after I graduated college. I hear that Kame’s went out of business? And my sister and brother in law live in Pittsburgh. I can’t really get on the Steelers bandwagon for obvious reasons after living in Ohio for 29 years before moving...

OP
macabra11

macabra11

FNG
Ye
Ha! Small world. I lived in North Canton for a few years (just off Main Street) after I graduated college. I hear that Kame’s went out of business? And my sister and brother in law live in Pittsburgh. I can’t really get on the Steelers bandwagon for obvious reasons after living in Ohio for 29 years before moving...
Yep I lived off Main and 7th for the first 17 yrs of my life. I haven’t been back in over a decade and don’t miss anything except good pizza and other food stuff (I really miss Pizza Oven and Italo’s). Pittsburgh is a cool city and I really fell in love with the vibe there while in college, but after graduating I moved up to Geneva for work. I still wouldn’t move back East for anything though. I feel like Idaho is where I was meant to be!

Ye

Yep I lived off Main and 7th for the first 17 yrs of my life. I haven’t been back in over a decade and don’t miss anything except good pizza and other food stuff (I really miss Pizza Oven and Italo’s). Pittsburgh is a cool city and I really fell in love with the vibe there while in college, but after graduating I moved up to Geneva for work. I still wouldn’t move back East for anything though. I feel like Idaho is where I was meant to be!

Gotcha. I was just north of main and appletree. My wife and I always talk about the pizza as well- miss it greatly. I’m of the same idea though- I fell in love with Idaho and never want to go back East.