FNG from Kansas

KSTiger

Lil-Rokslider
Just moved to Kansas with my wife and daughter. Looking to get into some western hunting in the COs, WYs, IDs, etc. Will also be learning about hunting locally in KS. Hoping for some turkey this coming spring, deer next fall and maybe some prairie dogs in between. Happy to join the community.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Lived here all my life (almost 44 years) wouldn't want to live anywhere else. What part of the state KSTiger?

JLDemo

FNG
Glad you've enjoyed it. The winter fishing has been surprisingly good. You're close to some really good winter crappie fishing.

OP
K

KSTiger

Lil-Rokslider
Reaching back out to the Kansas guys. What cartridge/bullet combo are you finding success/ideal for the deer hunting here?

*zap*

WKR
6.5 creedmore, corlok 140gn. sight for 50 and 25-225 your gonna get it done holding on center of vitals. I do not shoot past that here.

Zappaman

WKR
Zap gives good advice here... the CM is about perfect BUT you'll need to read the WIND here in Kansas! (we gots lots here).

Welcome and GET OUT THERE and enjoy it! Welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome from another Kansas FNG! I agree with the 6.5 creed, I have a prc and the difference for shooting out here (out to about 300 at most) isn't enough to justify the cost for me. You also get significantly more time to hunt with a bow though here and thats what I'm currently teaching myself. Good luck!

I have had good results with 6.5 CM Hornady 140 eldm, 143 eldx, 147 eldm.
In .223 I use 69gr TMK.
In .308 168 eldm’s are gods plenty.