FNG from Kansas

Zappaman

WKR
Thanks boys. What scopes are folks running out here?
Better Weavers and Monarchs... old school ;)

My deer rifle is a 260ai (Creedmoor on steroids) and like the Creed, it's really the best available caliber today that I'd suggest to Kansas white tail hunters.

I've recently built a 6.5 CM for coyotes with a "dailer" (and long-range light) on it. I'm shooting 100g (Vs. the 140s and such), and it's replacing the 243 in this role this year. The 5.6 CM can also shoot the 90g TNT if you want "splat". I tried for 10 years to not buy one, and now I'm glad I finally did. I also bought one for my nephew- it's the 243 "all rounder" that CAN drop deer better but spin prairie dogs just fine too.

OP
K

KSTiger

Lil-Rokslider
Better Weavers and Monarchs... old school ;)

My deer rifle is a 260ai (Creedmoor on steroids) and like the Creed, it's really the best available caliber today that I'd suggest to Kansas white tail hunters.

I've recently built a 6.5 CM for coyotes with a "dailer" (and long-range light) on it. I'm shooting 100g (Vs. the 140s and such), and it's replacing the 243 in this role this year. The 5.6 CM can also shoot the 90g TNT if you want "splat". I tried for 10 years to not buy one, and now I'm glad I finally did. I also bought one for my nephew- it's the 243 "all rounder" that CAN drop deer better but spin prairie dogs just fine too.
What are you using for your dialer scope?

bmicek

WKR
Welcome. Seems like all the Kansas guys are from the Eastern 1/3 of Kansas. No one wants to move out here to the Western 1/2 of the state lol. For me, my rifle choice depends on how I'm gonna hunt. Stationary hunting or where I dont have to walk a mile or more I carry a Desert Tech SRS A2 in 308. For the long walks I carry a Kimber Montana 280ai.