FNG from KC area in Kansas

I'm here to learn more about western hunting to bring my goals to reality. I am active on some other Fourm when I was told about Rokslide. So here I am, must of my hunting is bow and rifle for whitetail in Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Kansas. Also have been luck to hunt New Mexico for elk with a bow (2015), missed a bull and had a gut check on what to improve. In 2013 I was lucky enough to hunt Alaska for Caribou and had a blast. Dream to go back again. It's a whole different game from sitting in a well placed stand! Thanks for having me.

9e9fce29eb8bd01bd3412c64674007dd.jpg
88a843798225e04bda37a00c13109d9b.jpg
54143604b94f06f2c8b7cece6749c573.jpg

TK

as.ks.ak

WKR
Hey man, welcome!!

I'm a Topeka, KS native living in AK now, you wanna bs or plan a hunt up here I'd be more than happy to help you out or talk gear with you. I'm 100% a gear junky. Don't think I've quit upgrading since I got here. Always something to get dialed in a little better.

Good to hear from a bunch of guys from KS! I miss those big KS sunsets.

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

OP
Corey Paulsen (teamkabob)
AA smith

After living in Alaska it does get in your blood. I have a baby boy on the way so we had to cancel a trip up this July for some well needed combat fishing and dancing on the Kenai for reds. Also do some fishing for butts out of Homer. I hope to head up next year. I will be hitting you up AA Smith

TK

joek03

FNG
Down in Lees Summit. Went to AK/Kenai after high school 10 years ago, swore I'd be back every year after and just haven't made it happen. Maybe next year is it. AA Smith might have to hit you up as well to see how a midwest native is faring up there full time. We've been talking a move out west for some time but have never truly considered AK. After just returning from the PNW I'm wondering if that is the place to be.