FNG From Maine/WA New to Fort Collins,CO: Update now MN

CAB

FNG
FNG born and raised in Portland, ME. Met the wife and moved to where she was raised in Vancouver, WA was there for 4 years and just moved to Fort Collins, CO with her and my son.

Big into hunting wise:
-Grouse/upland/Rabbit hunting
-Turkey is my favorite
-Compound bows & Recurve bows aka struggle sticks (old bear bows and making cedar arrows)
-Deer hunting rifle or bow
-Got a taste of bow hunting Elk in WA with very few encounters but it was fun.
- If it taste good I will try to hunt it.( would love to try to hunting pronghorn and black bears)

Non-hunting related
-Boxing, I watch it every weekend if I can and have my own youtube channel for fun about it.

0311dmd

FNG
I grew up in South Berwick, Maine, I live in Fort Collins. Bow hunter here.

Reactions: CAB
Hi Cab. When you were in WA did you ever get up to the Gifford Pinchot NF? It runs from the Columbia River all the way up to Mt. Rainier and includes Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams. I have a cabin up near Packwood near the northern border of the forest.

OP
CAB

CAB

FNG
Hi Cab. When you were in WA did you ever get up to the Gifford Pinchot NF? It runs from the Columbia River all the way up to Mt. Rainier and includes Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams. I have a cabin up near Packwood near the northern border of the forest.
I spent a lot of time in Gifford, it was amazing how large it is of a NF. kind of blew my mind really and I had many adventures out there. Some seriously beautiful but tough country for sure.

JLeeC10

FNG
And I'm a FNG from Maine that lives in CO now as well! From Winthrop (Augusta area) lived in GA/AL the last 11 years, moved near CO Springs in January

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome fellow FNG’er
Been living on the Mid Coast for 35 years, so I’m new to the area. Hope to fit in some day.