FNG from Missouri

Hey folks,

My name is Jeff, made an account to be able to click images for a larger view on some mods a member did on their pack. I've come to this site over the past couple years to see gear reviews and most of the people here are pretty honest about expectations & experiences and I value that. I've started branching out from the typical midwest hunts to more backpacking style hunting in other states. You may see me ask more questions than offer any guidance on gear and tactics for that style of hunting, since I'm still relatively new to it.

TBHasler

WKR
Welcome. Lived in TX for 20 yrs now but originally from JC MO. This is definitely a site that the more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it. Lots of experienced folks to learn from here. Enjoy

fmyth

WKR
Welcome. I spent my first 40 years just East of KC. Now living the dream in AZ and have made the transition from sitting in a tree stand in MO to back country hunting in Northern AZ, Northern CO and Southern WY. When I first decided to hunt elk I didn't even know where to begin or what questions to ask. I read a lot on this site, watched every Randy Newberg and Corey Jacobson Youtube video and then did the Elk101 online course.

psirus7

WKR
Welcome Jeff, I’m west of KC. Welcome to the site. You got any plans/tags this year?
-Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MTCruisin'
Thanks Sam, I'm a couple hours southeast of KC. Normal fall deer, waterfowl, etc. in Missouri. Same for Kansas since I have a lifetime license. Also in the (long shot) drawing for elk in both KS and MO, and may go chase pronghorn with a bow in Kansas since it is OTC. Outside of a couple low chance raffles, I just bought points in some of the western states due to uncertainty right now and starting a business just prior to the shelter in place orders.

Last edited: