FNG from north central WA

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Rokslide, my name is David. Living in north central Washington. New backcountry hunter (this was my second season), but long time avid backcountry traveler. I spent my late teens through twenties backpacking and alpine climbing throughout WA and the mountain west.

I was sort of phasing out of climbing and looking for a new passion to pursue in the hills, and went on my first hunt during the 2020 High Buck with a coworker. Enjoyed success on that hunt, but more importantly the hook was set for what this all means, the adventure, planning, preparation, camaraderie, and challenge.

I have been lurking around this forum a bit, and having enjoyed the resources and community of various climbing forums in the past, I am excited to join and learn!

OP
alpine_troop

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
There sure are! I’m looking at the Cascades through completely different eyes now as a hunter compared to my days of climbing

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie