FNG from Northern California

Crown

FNG
FNG in Marin County, CA for the next few years. I work long hours but wife says I need "balance" so I told her I'd like to try hunting on the weekends. In a previous life I was infantry and have some field experience, but never been hunting. I don't mind things being difficult and fruitless, some might say I'm even drawn to those things. I don't know anyone and don't like clubs much, so just figuring it out as I go.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Fienix

FNG
I find it's also about getting out and spending some time with yourself in nature. Sounds like you'd take to it fairly well. Welcome!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'm with you on the club deal but, I went to a few rod and gun club events just to see if I could meet up with hunters who would like to try a few hunts together and see where it went. I ended up with two good hunting friends. Then there were others who didn't work out so good, not bad experiences, just had different ideas of hunting expectations. Might give a club a try.

Everyone starts somewhere, I don't know much about hunting around Marin county but I'm sure there is some. Otherwise- Theres lots up in the mountains towards Yosemite and Tahoe!