FNG From Oregon

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,
I've known about Rokslide for quite some time but until recently didn't do the forum thing much. Grew up in a small logging town hunting and fishing on State and private timber land, now that they are charging an arm and a leg for access I have started supporting things like BHA, and I did my first backcountry elk hunt this last fall. I learned a lot one of the biggest things was that I really needed to upgrade my pack. I had always been fine running the cheaper Alpz packs as a day pack, then hauling meat out with a pack frame as needed. No more of that for me know, after a lot of research and reading reviews and listening to people I know I decided to go with Kifaru. My buddies tried to get me to buy an Eberlestock but after watching them in discomofort with 40lbs in their pack, I knew I didn't want to go down that road. I looked at Kuiu, EXO, and Kifaru. I know there are a lot of other great companies out there but I wanted to stick with something I recognized(advertising works!;) ). Anyhow I am glad to be here, and look foreword to reading the wealth of knowledge that has been shared.

tttoadman

WKR
Welcome.
There a are some charged political debates right now, but it is all very informative. Wade through that stuff, and there is an endless amount of great information here to be successful in the woods.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome!! Good to see another Oregonian on here. What part of the state are you in? I am just outside of Portland.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome!! Good to see another Oregonian on here. What part of the state are you in? I am just outside of Portland.

I am out in Hillsboro. I grew up in Vernonia, if you know where that is or not. It is a small town off of hwy 26 on the way to the coast.