FNG from PA

Mustang06

FNG
Hi folks. Been watching these forums for awhile and figured it's time I contribute.

Grew up in the wilds of PA and been hunting since I was old enough to walk. Started hunting small game with Grandpa, and soon got hooked on hunting whitetails and turkey...and bear...and anything else that got me in the woods.

Back in 2010 some buddies and I decided it was time to go west and get this elk hunting itch scratched. Been on several elk hunts since...some DIY, some drop camp, some wilderness, some wall tent, some archery, some rifle. Enjoyed every one of them.

Here to share experiences, lessons learned, and hopefully learn a bunch as well. Glad to find a place like this to share knowledge.

OP
Mustang06

Mustang06

FNG
Thanks. It's an exciting time of year...lining up applications for New Mexico, trying to decide what to do for Colorado this year... transitioning gear...longer daylight making me restless already!

Hey nice to meet ya. I am a new guy from pa as well. The Lancaster area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mustang06

Mustang06

FNG
Thanks all. Got my New Mexico archery elk application in yesterday. Back up plan for Colorado 1st rifle elk is shaping up. Set the reminder the get another Wyoming point.

Frogs were really making noise in my pond this morning...spring is here, so I've gotta focus on turkeys for a bit, but I'm already counting the days till I'm miles deep in the wilderness with my pals chasing elk again!