FNG from Region G

bgipson

FNG
I'm new to the forum but not big game. I grew up in Northern California but my parents hunted Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, or Montana every year from the time I was born until I left for college and they took me along every year so I got to experience a lot of country. That built my love for the mountains and mule deer and eventually led to me settling down in 1 of the best mule deer areas left in the US. I've been doing the backcountry thing for 4 years now and have learned a ton about big buck behavior and what it takes to get opportunities at these ghosts. My first scout trip of the summer is coming up in a few weeks and there may be a post if I find something cool. In the meantime it's finalizing a new load workup in the .270 Sherman and continuing pack training. Good luck to everyone this year!

Dude that's a monster in your profile pic!! but be careful about posting specific information regarding your hometown unit and so on thats all the advice i have and welcome! (fairly new contributor here as well) :)

OP
bgipson

bgipson

FNG
Dude that's a monster in your profile pic!! but be careful about posting specific information regarding your hometown unit and so on thats all the advice i have and welcome! (fairly new contributor here as well) :)
Thanks! 207" gross, 197" mainframe 4x4, 180-5/8" net. I know all too well about keeping info close to me. My wife basically had to sign a prenup agreeing to secrecy anywhere she went with me. If I do talk anything about my tactics, it's all generalities that nobody would ever be able to draw info out of. Any pics I post have a complete lack of background so they could really be anywhere in the surrounding 5 hours from me.

BAKPAKR

WKR
OH MY GOSH, OP disclosed the sleeper mule deer region — Region G! 😀

@bgipson, Welcome to Rokslide, and awesome buck! Had you joined a few years ago, I probably would have hit you up for moose info in one of the moose areas within Region G.

OP
bgipson

bgipson

FNG
OH MY GOSH, OP disclosed the sleeper mule deer region — Region G! 😀

@bgipson, Welcome to Rokslide, and awesome buck! Had you joined a few years ago, I probably would have hit you up for moose info in one of the moose areas within Region G.
I'm still building points for swamp donkeys and probably have another 10 years minimum before I stand any chance. Love those big goofy critters

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Well depending on where you were at in G you will see a lot of them here depending on where you live. Damn near had one run into my car when I was trying to get to my hiking spot Sunday.