FNG from San Diego

JakeSCH

WKR
Hello everyone,

I've been a part of local forums but since my hunting has expanded outside of So Cal I thought it would be best to join the sight. I've read many great reviews from items on this website and it has convinced me to buy into Maven glass heavily (I own B2, B4, B5, and RS.1).

I've been successful hunting mule deer in D14 / D16 in so cal along with cow elk / mule deer in Colorado and Utah. Always looking to expand my hunting knowledge and hunt new places.

I'll be hunting Colorado 1st rifle for bull elk and 2nd rifle for mule deer this fall.

Take care,
Jake

Hello everyone,

I've been a part of local forums but since my hunting has expanded outside of So Cal I thought it would be best to join the sight. I've read many great reviews from items on this website and it has convinced me to buy into Maven glass heavily (I own B2, B4, B5, and RS.1).

I've been successful hunting mule deer in D14 / D16 in so cal along with cow elk / mule deer in Colorado and Utah. Always looking to expand my hunting knowledge and hunt new places.

I'll be hunting Colorado 1st rifle for bull elk and 2nd rifle for mule deer this fall.

Take care,
Jake
Hey Jake, Just curious if you had any success on your Colorado Mule deer hunt? Also, curious if you were impacted by the wildfires here in Colorado. My 3rd season hunt was almost a no-go due to fire related closures. Anyway, hope it was a good season for you, perhaps we can swap stories at Lahina Beach house sometime:)

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I ended up turning in my mule deer tag in since I drew a late season cow elk tag that I will use the first week in December. 3 week long trips was a bit much for my wife to have the little ones all by herself. My hunting partners that I would have gone with saw quite a few good deer, I know they missed on a few solid ones but still pulled out 4x4 and a fork.

I ended up turning in my mule deer tag in since I drew a late season cow elk tag that I will use the first week in December. 3 week long trips was a bit much for my wife to have the little ones all by herself. My hunting partners that I would have gone with saw quite a few good deer, I know they missed on a few solid ones but still pulled out 4x4 and a fork.
Nice, good luck in December!