FNG from South Dakota

Hello all, I am a long time lurker and figured I should finally make an account and join the discussions. I frequent the General Discussion, Mule Deer, Game Birds, all the Backpacking/DIY Hunting Equipment and the Fitness forums. I also have been recently reading the Archery forum as I am looking to buy my first bow to start mule deer hunting with.

If anyone else is around the South Dakota/MidWest area I'd love to talk hunting/fishing in the area (or anywhere really). I live on the east side of the state but really only hunt pheasants this side of the river. I do all my big game (mule deer, antelope, turkey) hunting out west river. I'll fish the river and some East side lakes every once in a while too, although my summers are busy so I don't get out as much as I'd like to.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Welcome from Tulsa. Grew up west river. still stay up on it and apply for pref pts, but haven't hunted the home country for almost 10 years now, sad to say. Elk bug hit and I can't hunt them in SD.

Late to the show here, but definitely recommend picking up the bow! West river SD is a gateway drug to spot and stalk bow hunting. I was away from the great plains for a few years due to work, and forgot how visceral it is to get close to your quarry. LMK if you need some info, I'm still getting my scouting in for the upcoming season.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know a guy who lives in Aberdeen. His son runs a gun store there and they belong to a skeet and trap club and do some youth hunts every year. He sent me some video of the pheasant hunts, crazy about of birds. I need to go hunt with him one of these years.

Dschwan

WKR
Hello all, I am a long time lurker and figured I should finally make an account and join the discussions. I frequent the General Discussion, Mule Deer, Game Birds, all the Backpacking/DIY Hunting Equipment and the Fitness forums. I also have been recently reading the Archery forum as I am looking to buy my first bow to start mule deer hunting with.

If anyone else is around the South Dakota/MidWest area I'd love to talk hunting/fishing in the area (or anywhere really). I live on the east side of the state but really only hunt pheasants this side of the river. I do all my big game (mule deer, antelope, turkey) hunting out west river. I'll fish the river and some East side lakes every once in a while too, although my summers are busy so I don't get out as much as I'd like to.
Just moved to Sioux Falls from Colorado. Looking at doing some west river deer and antelope archery hunting this fall.