FNG from South Louisiana

aroesch

FNG
South Louisiana guy here who has a passion for whitetails!

I am wanting to make a backpack hunt next year for Elk, Mulies, or Antelope!! Looking to learn from you guys on here because the mountain terrain is way different than the swamp terrain that I hunt in!

I love perfecting my gear/hunting setups and I have done many hours of research on gear needed for the backcountry backpack hunts. I'm a true believer that "field knowledge" is more important than research knowledge so learning from you guys on this forum will give me a great start before I can put my boots on the ground in the back country and learn how to hunt these beautiful animals!

Happy Hunting!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

South Louisiana guy here who has a passion for whitetails!

I am wanting to make a backpack hunt next year for Elk, Mulies, or Antelope!! Looking to learn from you guys on here because the mountain terrain is way different than the swamp terrain that I hunt in!

I love perfecting my gear/hunting setups and I have done many hours of research on gear needed for the backcountry backpack hunts. I'm a true believer that "field knowledge" is more important than research knowledge so learning from you guys on this forum will give me a great start before I can put my boots on the ground in the back country and learn how to hunt these beautiful animals!

Happy Hunting!
I’m in the same boat as you! From Baton Rouge and trying the west this year. So much to learn and digest. Sort of overwhelming. Interested to know what your first strategy is. I’m looking at CO, UT, and NM, even though I know that one is impossible to draw. Either way, quiet a change from the flat, thick woods we hunt now!