FNG from Summit Cty CO

Nedparker

FNG
FNG long time fly fisher, waterfowler and big game hunter. Friend told me about Rokslide. Love the forums and hope to expand my knowledge base or help others with what I’ve learned.

2mas

FNG
Welcome! I hope you haven't lost too many areas to these fires

OP
N

Nedparker

FNG
Welcome! I grew up next door in Park CO.
Thanks prm
I have fished all over park for about 30 years and do all my big game hunting from kremmling to Craig.
I have a very good friend that lives way back in valley of the sun. Spent some time there in the fall and saw some impressive bull elk.
definitely going to start applying/collecting pref points for the unit. Are you familiar with this unit and ever hunted it for big game?
Thanks
Ned

prm

WKR
Ned, Can’t really say I’m familiar with the hunting on that side of South Park. Been thinking about hunting elk closer to Kenosha pass though. It’s closer to my family there. I hunted south of Hayden when growing up, now mostly southern CO. I should hunt Mule Deer from my parents or sisters front deck. Crazy the deer they have.

OP
N

Nedparker

FNG
Ned, Can’t really say I’m familiar with the hunting on that side of South Park. Been thinking about hunting elk closer to Kenosha pass though. It’s closer to my family there. I hunted south of Hayden when growing up, now mostly southern CO. I should hunt Mule Deer from my parents or sisters front deck. Crazy the deer they have.
Awesome! I’ve spent a ton of time on Taryall and the hills around it. Great elk county. Keep in touch and thanks

Welcome from a Douglas Co native (70's - pre-population explosion). My grandparents lived on the Summit/Park Co line near Hoosier Pass.