FNG from the Continental Divide in Montana

Hello! New to Rockslide from the center of Montana. I was referred by a well respected co- worker and already love what I am seeing here. Hunted every western critter I have had a tag for here in Montana and Alaska. I have hunted every species of mammal here in Montana and Alaska from the air as a wildlife pilot doing wildlife surveys and research.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Devilfish

FNG
Hello Wildlife Pilot 👋 my Sister lives in Libby, MT. I'd love to tap into some of your experience doing Wildlife Surveys up here in Alaska. A nice "Toklat" Grizzly from Area 20E up near Eagle is on my bucket list. Considering they allow Residents to take two Grizzly Bears every year vs. one Brownie every four years, I'd say we've got a Bear problem up there.

OP
wildlife pilot
Hello Wildlife Pilot 👋 my Sister lives in Libby, MT. I'd love to tap into some of your experience doing Wildlife Surveys up here in Alaska. A nice "Toklat" Grizzly from Area 20E up near Eagle is on my bucket list. Considering they allow Residents to take two Grizzly Bears every year vs. one Brownie every four years, I'd say we've got a Bear problem up there.
U bet Devilfish! I flew 20E a bunch, I flew helicopters out of Healy (Mckinly park) I saw plenty of Griz. I lifeflighted a few bear maul victims out of 20 E as well! There are a ton of Griz up ther and here to, we can't hunt them here in Motnana yet, hopefully soon

Devilfish

FNG
20E is some awesome country, I usually camp out just off the Taylor Highway at American Summit near the old Snack Shack which was the only liquor store in those parts until the owner passed away a decade ago. High Tundra with wooded breaks so thick in the ravines that you almost need to glass and hunt from above. People down in Eagle are pretty decent too. Had a truck problem up there one year, and a guy loaned us tools we didn't have to get it fixed. I wouldn't mind buying some property up there when I fully retire.