FNG from Utah

FNG from nothern Utah, great to meet everyone. Going after Elk for this season, new to hunting and looking to learn from the wealth of experience you all have

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

thelocal

FNG
Welcome from SLC, went after elk last year and didn't get anything. Happy to let you know what didn't work for me.

OP
W
@thelocal that would be very helpful! My tag is for the early rifle season which I’ve been told by a guide Isn’t great but I want to get in as many at bats as possible. What went right and wrong for you?

thelocal

FNG
For sure, I only got out twice last year, both times north of i80 up along the skyline trail with the thought being that since it was early they'd still be holding high. Well, me and everyone else. Couldn't go 100 yards without seeing two dudes in a razor wearing orange. Learned the hard way to avoid areas with motorized access.

If I was going this year I'd walk a couple miles into the Uintas and plan on spending a night or two.

Fair warning, I'm a complete rookie so it's probably best to disregard. None the less, my two cents.