FNG from WA State

Hey everyone. Just discovered this site a few weeks ago. I am 30y/o and currently Active Duty Army 10 years in stationed at JBLM. I grew up in WA so this is not new territory. I grew up hunting with my father, who was my outdoor mentor and a huge part of my life. After living in Europe for a few years and multiple deployments I kind of got away from hunting (not by choice) and after moving back stateside I dove back into it head first. I currently have a job which allows me way more free time than I have ever had in the Army and have been taking full advantage of it. Currently planning a couple of out of state hunts in Oregon and Idaho this next fall to try and branch out a bit. This site has been really helpful with all of my questions and trying to gather new information.

After moving back to Washington my father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and he passed away 3 months to the day after being diagnosed. It has been really hard for me dealing with all of the stuff that goes along with the passing of a family member. I have tried to take and turn this to my advantage by building a legacy for my two children to follow as they get older. I have been hunting solo the last 2 seasons but have been trying to branch out and meet some new people that share the same interests. I also am part of my local MDF Chapter committee which has been a really cool thing to be involved with. Glad to be apart of this forum. Thanks.

Catahoula

WKR
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your military service. Also, sorry for the loss of your father. My both of my parents are gone now..... I really still have a hard time with the loss of my mother and that’s been over 6 years now.

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome from NorCal!! As mentioned above, thank you for your service and sorry for your loss. Like to hear you’ve got plans to make memories with the young ones! Glad to have you here!