FNG from WI

Hello from Wisconsin. Lifelong whitetail and turkey hunter. Used to fish almost daily, now have family and gave most of the fishing up to pursue more hunting opportunities. Have been acquiring points in 5 states for years. Ready to start using some in the future. Have app in for MT deer now and hoping to be hunting mule deer for the first time this fall.

So far, two unsuccessful archery elk hunts. I shouldn’t say unsuccessful, as both provided encounters with elk and I learned a lot and had a blast.

Fair weather Packer fan as I don’t have time for much TV watching with the young family and work. Wish our Hall of Fame QBs could end their careers more gracefully, seems they don’t quite get enough attention in GB and are always left craving more!

Anyways, I’ve been looking through threads for a couple years and ready to make some contributions. This forum has been invaluable as far as gear goes. My first hunt was a backcountry archery elk hunt in ID. Through reading threads on this site, I felt completely prepared and wouldn’t have changed much.

Looking forward to diving in a little deeper!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WI member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are awarded the FNG ⭐ for the day for your most excellent intro. But do not fret all you other FNGs, there are plenty of ⭐ to go around if your intro deserves one. :D

P.P.S @Westernwannabe As in life, elk hunting is no different, as there are no failures, but only opportunities to learn and improve. (y)

OP
Westernwannabe
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WI member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are awarded the FNG ⭐ for the day for your most excellent intro. But do not fret all you other FNGs, there are plenty of ⭐ to go around if your intro deserves one. :D

P.P.S @Westernwannabe As in life, elk hunting is no different, as there are no failures, but only opportunities to learn and improve. (y)
Why thank you sir! I feel so welcomed…I am so honored by the gold star of the day!

I’d like to thank all of wonderful folks on this site that I’ve watched so diligently over the years. You’ve all guided me in making a first post worthy of this award. I’d also like to acknowledge all the other great FNG that are also so deserving of this award today!

OP
Westernwannabe
Welcome!
Where abouts in WI?
Just outside Madison. Carpenter by trade, figure I can’t make the money I can here or I’d move an hour or two west or north. And I find rainbow flags so beautiful that I don’t know how I’d do without seeing them everywhere I look. I guess they’ve grown on me!

How about yourself?

Just outside Madison. Carpenter by trade, figure I can’t make the money I can here or I’d move an hour or two west or north. And I find rainbow flags so beautiful that I don’t know how I’d do without seeing them everywhere I look. I guess they’ve grown on me!

How about yourself?
Jefferson County here

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Former Rock county cheese head. No longer there, but still a cheese head. This may be the third Wis. FNG thread. It's all good. Welcome, it's a real informative site.

OP
Westernwannabe
WI seems to be well represented out west. My first elk hunt was a relatively difficult OTC tag to get in ID. One trailhead we checked out had about 10 trucks at it. Including mine, more than half had WI plates. I couldn’t believe it!

Black Earth, not far away. I like shooting the Valley Archers 3D course, it’s one of my favorites!

How about yourself?
I’m front the western part of the state in Pierce county and work across the border taking the blue states money. Rainbow flags are well represented there as well…
I’m new in the western game as well and did my first trip last year to Colorado. Didn’t take one down but the adventure was amazing. I’m officially addicted!