FNG in Chico Ca

Lurked around in here for awhile. I used to hunt a lot. Kids, sports, school..slowed it way down. Pretty crappy year last year. Lost my youngest son to cancer, he was amazing and he loved to hunt. Big time re-evaluation of life moment. I am going to hunt more, eat better, play more and keep my ass in shape so I can spend every moment possible with my wife and my son.
I love seeing how passionate everyone is about chasing big game animals. I hope I can regain some of that fire myself.

Cheers. GEDC0737.jpg

20141012_074732.jpg

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear of your loss, life sometimes seems unfair, lost my father last year, I feel your pain. There is a lot of good guys on here with a lot of experience and knowledge. I'm just up the hill from you, give me a yell sometime.
Mike

Calbuck

WKR
Welcome to the forum from a fellow NorCal member..sorry for the loss of your boy, that's a very difficult thing. Hang in there and continue to hug your loved ones close! And get em outdoors often! I grew up near Chico and visit family there quite often. This forum is a great place to learn and give your.02 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I'm buying a few 17 HMRs to go shoot squirrels with my son. You might look into it with your boy. Sportsmans has the Ruger Rimfire in 17 HMR for $300 otd. The alfalfa fields up north are full of squirrels. Just a few hours from Chico. Find a farmer or rancher that will let you shoot a few. I'm doing this to burn time until my son is old enough to big game hunt with me.

I'm in Chico fairly often for work. And my wife likes it for a quick date night.

OP
Huntindog45
Welcome. I'm buying a few 17 HMRs to go shoot squirrels with my son. You might look into it with your boy. Sportsmans has the Ruger Rimfire in 17 HMR for $300 otd. The alfalfa fields up north are full of squirrels. Just a few hours from Chico. Find a farmer or rancher that will let you shoot a few. I'm doing this to burn time until my son is old enough to big game hunt with me.

I'm in Chico fairly often for work. And my wife likes it for a quick date night.

Try the new taproom downtown....damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
man..sorry about your loss.

dont hesitate to reach out to me... we could at least do a few hunts together..or shoot together.

Welcome, I'm also new to the forums and from norcal.... born and raised in red bluff area.... currently in tehama and hating the work week when my bzone blacktail are being chased around by others...... lol

sfc2140

FNG
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your son.

Good to see people from Chico and Paradise on here. I went to school in Paradise and spent many days and nights in Chico still go back as much as I can

Get that fire and get back out there your son will always be with you on your hunts