FNG in Colorado

Didn't need much lurking to figure out the people on here are legit. I'm a rank beginner with hunting in general although I've had a great mentor, I think he's in the forum as pathfinder1776.

I've got 3 hunts this fall and am desperately trying to snap up all the gear and info I can. Thanks for your collective wisdom.
-Dan

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

HoboAaron

FNG
Hey Otter, welcome to the forum. What kind of gear are you needing?

Im always looking for vintage Kifaru stuff, but i have a TON of newer BP gear too. Check out tge forum classifieds, ive found a ton of cool gear there.

OP
ViciousOtter
Hey Otter, welcome to the forum. What kind of gear are you needing?

Im always looking for vintage Kifaru stuff, but i have a TON of newer BP gear too. Check out tge forum classifieds, ive found a ton of cool gear there.
Hey, thanks.

At the time I posted that I still needed binos, a chest rig, tripod and a couple other odds and ends but I just settled for decent and shelled out the cash to sportsman's.

I still need a backpack, I have been borrowing a kifaru from my buddy and I love the frame and whole system. Just packed out over 100lbs of bear and there's no way I could have done it with a regular pack. I need a puffy, ultralight trekking pole shelter, hot tent & stove, boots, maybe a better sleeping bag and pad. All thats going to have to wait though, I just got married, couldn't be happier but it's a serious drain on the finances. 🙄