FNG in GA

CJinGA

FNG
Hey folks.. Been lurking for a while. FNG from GA here. Grew up drooling over F&S articles about western hunting and fishing. Felt the bug bite hard over the past couple of years and finally decided to stop wishing and start doing. Heading to WY for my first 'western' hunt for antelope next month. Hoping that will be the first of many western back country hunts.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome. Good for you for following your dreams! You won't regret it!

Jason_F

FNG
How did your antelope hunt go? WY antelope is on my list of "to do" hunts for the next few years or so.

OP
C

CJinGA

FNG
How did your antelope hunt go? WY antelope is on my list of "to do" hunts for the next few years or so.

We got back on Tuesday. It was a blast! We had 4 doe antelope tags and knocked two down. Should have had more, but flubbed it up on our side. We stuck to public land in an area with limited public land, so that hampered us a bit but we had a great time with it. We were already talking about "Ok.. Next year we will....." on the drive back. I highly recommend it as a low-key hunt that lets you see a lot of the country side!

Jason_F

FNG
We got back on Tuesday. It was a blast! We had 4 doe antelope tags and knocked two down. Should have had more, but flubbed it up on our side. We stuck to public land in an area with limited public land, so that hampered us a bit but we had a great time with it. We were already talking about "Ok.. Next year we will....." on the drive back. I highly recommend it as a low-key hunt that lets you see a lot of the country side!

Rad CJ! Congrats on your team getting at least 2 tags filled though, that's great!

Were you guys archery or rifle hunting?

OP
C

CJinGA

FNG
Rad CJ! Congrats on your team getting at least 2 tags filled though, that's great!

Were you guys archery or rifle hunting?

We were doing rifle. Bow would be fun, but it would be a heckuva lot more work than rifle. I can't imagine getting one with a bow on public land with them being as spooky as they were when we were there.